Looking for headphones with active noise canceling that can delete neighbors cutting ceramic tiles

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
even better if it also can delete mosque noises. but as long as it can delete the noise of neighbors cutting ceramic tiles, its ok even if it cant delete mosque noises.

USB audio or bluetooth audio are fine. but if bluetooth, must support LL codecs.

As far as I know anc is most effective against low noises such as engine sound, not sudden high pitched noises.

Maybe look for over ear headphones that do a good job of sealing your ears and blocking out sound that way? Anc might be able to block whatever ends up getting through.

I'm not really into headphones but from what I heard bose quiet comforts are supposed to be pretty decent.

You have to be careful with ANC if there are occasional big and sharp jumps in sound amplitude as it can cause the ANC to overcorrect which will then cause a sharp high pressure (loud) overreaction from the ANC that can potentially be painful. Some headsets can deal with this somewhat better than others.

Not sure if something like that banging in your video would trigger it, I suspect it might.

If you really want to try cutting out the noise then I would suggest a good pair of construction grade safety earmuffs like:

Then if you want sound, have earbuds under that. If the safety earmuffs aren't enough to completely remove the annoying noises it should at least be enough to attenuate any large spikes in sound amplitude such that you can then safely use ANC earbuds while using the earmuffs.

That's basically what some construction buddies of mine do on the jobsite if they are working alone. Don't want to do that when working on a team as you still need some situational awareness of what the other members of the team are doing.

Regards,
SB

Anyone with Bluetooth headphones or earphones, please test whether the Left and Right mic works for recording (blow into the mic holes while recording).

Yeah I second the soundproof ear muffs + earbuds under that. Not so long ago I used to live in a building that was going under some reparations few a few months plus they were building a whole new building besides it and this combo was the winner for me.

Just out of curiosity, when you said "Mosque Noise" do you mean mosque as in the religious buildings people go to pray and whatnot? I couldn't''t think of another thing related to mosque.

Back