Look what I saw here.....

I dont think it is, its just product placement not even that more brand placement. As a reader all it really tells me is there is a company called amd that make computer stuff, doesnt make me think ooh, that looks cool I want to find out more or I want to buy anything amd, just like a "this game was reviewed using a sony monitor" doesnt make me care any more about sony
has any reviewers "reviewers system specs" section influenced a purchase descision?

Amd spend money on the technical stuff that effects the user (how many people have said I may switch after all the mess with bf3 and rage) not fluff and p.r
perhaps get Bob an assistant ;)

I disagree. As a gamer seeing my favourite review site using a specific kind of technology it makes this technology more desireable because the pro's would not be using it, if it wasn't the best.

Perhaps i'm more cynical than you, i saw what Arun saw Amd have payed a site to use their stuff (I am glad amd are getting their name out there)
plus it's gamespot they are whores of the highest order, they would review games on my old 6800gt if I payed them enough

ps: One of amd's biggest things eyefinity. not a mention of it in either review

pps: I wonder how they will handle physx titles ?

Incidentally both titles do support Eyefinity nearly since release. They have recently added the "AMD banner", but have not updated any of the reviews at this point. I guess newer reviews will make a mention of Eyefinity support.

As for PhysX, I guess they'll avoid talking about it because so far PhysX has never really impacted the gameplay. Or maybe add just a single line: "the physics are really good".

I personally have mixed feelings about this, I can see the ordinary guy getting more familiar with AMD products with marketing like this, but inside me something asks if AMD is really this desperate.

(Oh, and by the way, since older reviews are not updated, a lot of their reviews probably still used machines with NVIDIA hardware).

Plus if another game is released with major problems like rage
would the gamespot reviewer mention it or are they going to think well the last guy who gave a sponsors product a bad review was fired for it, I think I will accidentally forget to mention any problems

It will be interesting to see how the reviewers play it

Plus if another game is released with major problems like rage
would the gamespot reviewer mention it or are they going to think well the last guy who gave a sponsors product a bad review was fired for it, I think I will accidentally forget to mention any problems

It will be interesting to see how the reviewers play it

That's a valid concern, but then again, at this point, does it even matter? Those big gaming sites always give AAA games great marks, even when they kind of suck. In this case, they gave Fallout 3 a nice 9/10, for instance.

Back