lol

i seriously laughed out loud at that! it was great! (wow for once i made a post in which I DIDNT say something about myself.... err.... oops... just did...)

I wonder what was going through the head of the guy as the truck was tipping over into the water.... :LOL:

mito said:
the first truck didn't have lateral feet.....
I think it had them, but not as big, and they weren't used.
Look at the first picture. I've seen cranes that look something like that, and the vertical orange thingy behind the front wheel coould be such feet.

Either way, the guy controlling it deserves it. (OK, that's a bit hard.) If he didn't see the tilt on the truck, and realized that he was in trouble long before, he really shouldn't operate such things.

Btw, the large one is the most massive crane I've seen mounted on a regular truck. (But of course tiny compared to the fully specialized cranes.

mito said:
the first truck didn't have lateral feet.....
By "laterel feet" do you mean outriggers? ("Outrigger" = them things that go out of the side of the truck to help prevent it from tipping over.) If so I think the first truck not only does have them but they had the one out on the side that it should have been.

Where the guy fucked up was parking at an angle like that, he ended up using his outrigger & front-right wheel as a pivot/fulcrum. (Well, that and he was WAAAAAAY over extended.)

Back