Logitech MX 710 release date?

Snarfy

Newcomer
I'm in need of a good wireless gaming mouse, and from what i've seen, the MX700 is the way to go. However, I dont want to purchase a mx700 if there is a mx710 coming out soon, which may be much much better.

Does anyone know if there will be a MX710 soon, or does the Bluetooth MX900 fill that slot?

I have the MX900, it's a really nice mouse. I still get more than one day's charge out of each charge on the original batteries that were included (which are probably crap I might add).

It works well with gaming too, I play with it pretty much every day.

Three main mouse buttons work in all games, thumb buttons work in pretty much all (not quake3 engine games it seems as wolf refuses to recognize them; all others I tried will accept them as mouse4 and mouse5). Topside extra buttons can be mapped to keyboard keys and made work that way (as can the thumb buttons if you don't need them in your browser). I guess a driver upgrade from logitech could transform them into mouse6 and mouse7, but maybe they want to keep that feature for their MX510... :rolleyes:

5 mouse buttons is pretty decent for most games tho. :p

Unless you require wireless for whatever reason, I would suggest getting the MX510. No batteries to worry about.

Guden Oden said:
Three main mouse buttons work in all games, thumb buttons work in pretty much all (not quake3 engine games it seems as wolf refuses to recognize them; all others I tried will accept them as mouse4 and mouse5). Topside extra buttons can be mapped to keyboard keys and made work that way (as can the thumb buttons if you don't need them in your browser). I guess a driver upgrade from logitech could transform them into mouse6 and mouse7, but maybe they want to keep that feature for their MX510... :rolleyes:

5 mouse buttons is pretty decent for most games tho. :p

I am confused as crap about this.

I have an mx500 and ONLY quake3 based games reckognize the thumb buttons. For all other games I have to assign a keystroke to get them to work. Seriously this pisses me off b/c then I cannot use the back button unless I only play quake3 based games or switch after every game. Guden do you have the buttons as back and forward (default)? Or do you have them assigned to something else? I am seriosly wondering b/c this is very strange that you say they work in the exact opposite as they work for me. (Of course we have different mice but still)

Logitech loves to program in proprietary functions into their drivers that do the exact same thing as the standard microsoft commands - autoscroll is one such example. Logitech's TWO different autoscrolls aren't the same as Microsoft's built-in windows autoscroll.

To get thumb buttons working, you may have to set them as "standard mouse button" or something as such in your mouse driver. The MX900's software looks different compared to previous mice for some reason so I can't check myself. Anyway, my middle mouse button initially did not work at all in games until a driver update presented such a "standard mouse button" option.

Back