Locoroco PS3 is loco..err..roco too.

Played through the first level. Rescued 40 of 200 (!) hidden...whatevers. No idea what they are. Reminds me of Barbapapa them things. Lol.. the 70s strikes back!

They cannibalize each other too. I definitely saw one eat another and grow bigger a couple times.

The bigger fat ones don't jump as well as the smaller ones. This can be problematic when one has to jump the barbapapa things to another branch to rescue more barbapapa things.

Can you stop 'em from eating each other? Them eating each other also seems to reduce ym barbapapa count. Bummer if it means you end up just under the exit limit because one ate another..

Had to turn off the damn music because it was driving me CRAZY aftere about 3 minutes.

Very strange game. Level design is confusing as hell but obviously made by a genius. A madman genius, but genius nonetheless.

EVIL madman genius.

My arms hurt from shaking the controller. Maybe I don't have to shake it so hard to make water spurt, not sure.

Jacking motions with hands + fluid fountain shooting out = wtf?
Perhaps a bit freudian on my behalf that sentence..

Need more playtime to make sure if this game's worth the madness or not. IF my hands can take the abuse..

Well, it IS really cheap. So nobody can complain there. I'm sure I will score it highly in value regardless of what I think of htis gmae in the end.
Peace.

Oh yeah! The music, the horrible music. Within seconds it was driving me insane, but then again that can only be an advantage when playing this game!

They are Locoroco's. Anyway...they do form to make bigger ones - these will jump just as high if you make them! Also if you want them to get really high, just keep on tapping circle and watch them work together - they will jump on top of one another forming a tower and then make one HAWGE jump! It's great.

Ps. Eating each other doesn't lower the count.

Are you crazy, the music is awesome (or maybe I am :p) but just like the psp game the different colour loco rocos sing with a different voice. Also when you verse the boss the music changes, its such a catchy tune, it gets stuck in your head...

Yer I got 43 first go... also unlocks another gate for another minigame...

Love the music, love the design & art direction. The price doesn't hurt either.

Just a wonderful small game, need to play it more today.

Are you crazy, the music is awesome (or maybe I am :p) but just like the psp game the different colour loco rocos sing with a different voice. Also when you verse the boss the music changes, its such a catchy tune, it gets stuck in your head...

Yer I got 43 first go... also unlocks another gate for another minigame...

There are 5 gates altogether - you have to unlock them by completing it again :) and then...again.

Played through the first level. Rescued 40 of 200 (!) hidden...whatevers. No idea what they are. Reminds me of Barbapapa them things. Lol.. the 70s strikes back!

They cannibalize each other too. I definitely saw one eat another and grow bigger a couple times.

The bigger fat ones don't jump as well as the smaller ones. This can be problematic when one has to jump the barbapapa things to another branch to rescue more barbapapa things.

Can you stop 'em from eating each other? Them eating each other also seems to reduce ym barbapapa count.
You never played the PSP game I see! They're don't eat each other. Locorocos combine to make larger Locorocos, but they can split back again. Dunno is Corrcochocooccococo lets you do that, but in the original game that's how it worked. The music was also very cool, with more happening with more Locorocos on screen that'd sing harmonies.

You present an interesting perspective though - someone playing the game who didn't play the original. If it seems to you they eat each other (that shouldn't affect your Locoroco count) than the game may be presenting the wrong image!

You never played the PSP game I see! They're don't eat each other. Locorocos combine to make larger Locorocos, but they can split back again. Dunno is Corrcochocooccococo lets you do that, but in the original game that's how it worked. The music was also very cool, with more happening with more Locorocos on screen that'd sing harmonies.

You present an interesting perspective though - someone playing the game who didn't play the original. If it seems to you they eat each other (that shouldn't affect your Locoroco count) than the game may be presenting the wrong image!

lol I never played the original either....and they don't eat each other! They just fall onto one another and combine lol....and they do split also...Music works the same as well...with bigger loccorocco having deeper voices...

Getting a big group and making them jump up to you with the butterfly screaming "cocorochooooo" jumping up and down with their little hair shaking is hilarious!

In the PSP game when you held down circle they would combine. And I think it was square that would separate them. In this game you have no control over them combining. They seem to just do it when they feel like it.

Actually most of the game they are just doing what they want to do and you have very weak infuence on their actions. Thats why the game is so frustrating to many people. In the PSP game you had pretty accurate control since you could control exactly when to jump and what angle basically. In this game it's more like trying to get a dog to do tricks for you.

I also only got about ~40 free on my first try. I think it only took me about 30mins though. To get all of them will probably be quite tough. And I agree the music is really annoying. And not just annoying, very repetitive!

In the PSP game when you held down circle they would combine. And I think it was square that would separate them. In this game you have no control over them combining. They seem to just do it when they feel like it.

Actually most of the game they are just doing what they want to do and you have very weak infuence on their actions. Thats why the game is so frustrating to many people. In the PSP game you had pretty accurate control since you could control exactly when to jump and what angle basically. In this game it's more like trying to get a dog to do tricks for you.

I also only got about ~40 free on my first try. I think it only took me about 30mins though. To get all of them will probably be quite tough. And I agree the music is really annoying. And not just annoying, very repetitive!

You can only get all of them after you've opened all the gates- which means you have to complete it 3 times beforehand :)

In the PSP game when you held down circle they would combine. And I think it was square that would separate them.

Actually, you tap circle to separate them. On the PSP you only needed the two shoulder buttons to tilt (and shake, by combining the two) the world, and the circle button to combine or split. Very clever design!

We definitely need a PS3 / PSN version of the original, including all the extra modes for creating your own level and worlds. PSP's LocoRoco was almost awesome in that respect - by playing the game you could collect more parts to build with, and the level editors were very advanced already. The only problems were that you couldn't overlap parts and that you didn't have a way to share them online easily like you have in LBP with ranked levels. But since that other puzzle game on the PSP has all these things (name slipped me), and there is going to be a LocoRoco 2 for PSP soonish, I'm hoping very much that this will see a PSN release also.

Best platformer ever to date, for me. Some Mario fans probably disagree, but I love, love, love LocoRoco PSP. :)

This PSN version isn't quite as good, but for the money it's still very good value I think. In a sense it's also a very good sixaxis demo in that you can see how it responds to isolated things very clearly, like controlling a tilting platform. So you get a decent impression of the precision you can get.

I like what they did with LocoRoco on the PS3. I think they've used the sixaxis controls quite nicely in the game without overdoing it (if they had used the controller to tilt the world around, i don't think i could hold the controller level for the entire game).

One thing I wish they did was enable remote play for the game. It would've been nice to pick it up and play it from wherever I am using my psp.

Fooled around with it for a few more hours, getting to 71/200, so I guess still plenty to go. ;) It's pretty tricky at times, but it helps now that I have discovered how some puzzles need to be solved.

Also helpful to realise some of these huge flowers aren't 'fixed' in their position. ;)

This is the most amount of hours I've got out from £2! Insane...how it goes on and on and on.

136/200 so far - and the last gate has just been opened, so I might be able to get nearer to 200. It looks amazing too...I love it lol

It's one level, but as you play, you open up new sections, making that one level larger and larger ...

Are there more levels, or just the one level with 200 Locoroco's to find?

Yup more sections...and you only unlock them by completing it again and again...each time you do, a new section is opened, with new minigames (3 minigames in total). Honestly, it's hours and hours.

But I will NOT play it ever again....it made me go slightly insane. I got 191/200 and that's all I'll ever get!

Back