LittleBigPlanet Vita

Arwin

Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
Legend
1600MB in Europe, 1100MB in the US
Special Edition (some bonus costumes) currently on PSN for EUR 34,95
It was in stores already a bit early in many places. I need this on my Memory Card at all times though.

Contains levels among others created by our own Jaeyden and many other LBP community stars

Getting excellent reviews all round (lowest basically an 8/10 on Eurogamer, currently 88/100 on MetaCritic)

Downloading now!

Who else?

1600MB in Europe, 1100MB in the US
Special Edition (some bonus costumes) currently on PSN for EUR 34,95
It was in stores already a bit early in many places. I need this on my Memory Card at all times though.

Contains levels among others created by our own Jaeyden and many other LBP community stars

Getting excellent reviews all round (lowest basically an 8/10 on Eurogamer, currently 88/100 on MetaCritic)

Downloading now!

Who else?

I am looking on marktplaats (the Dutch version of ebay) for a Vita as we speak! Really psyched for this :D

It's an absolutely stunning game. Shame that the quality of the game got a wee bit overshadowed by Sony's complete ineptitude at handling the digital release on PSN.

One of the big UK supermarket chains is now doing TV adverts promoting the LBP+Vita combo... oooh that is tempting.

Can ps3 lbp1 and lbp2 levels be played on the vita? And how about lbp-psp?

Can ps3 lbp1 and lbp2 levels be played on the vita? And how about lbp-psp?

only costumes from LBP1 and 2 gets transfer over, levels are not playable due to probably a different engine. Don't Think anyhting from LBP PSP even works, those assets won't look very good in the new engine.

I bought this from retail yesterday and it's pretty amazing, easily the best LBP version so far! Just wished I'd downloaded it from the PSN store because I can't see the cartridge leaving my Vita any time soon!

Can the pixel counters out there confirm if it's rendered at native Vita resolution?

I can't see it on the Vita PSN store, anyone else have the problem. I can see it on the PS3 PSN store.

I can't see it on the Vita PSN store, anyone else have the problem. I can see it on the PS3 PSN store.

I bought it on my PS3 but ended up downloading it directly on Vita anyway. But the Store LiveArea features LBP quite prominently now.

Just finished the 2nd world. Also did one level with random others, started out with laggy controls but that cleaned up and it was fun. Also did a bunch of tutorials ... man there are many this time! 67 or something.

The mini games are great too ...

EDIT: does seem upscaled though. Will post some screens later.

if you like the other LBP then you will love this one, only finish 1 chapter, easily the best LBP ever.
I've never played LBP but I attended a talk on the rendering techniques at SIGGRAPH :)

Oh.. one word of warning to those who might want to take up the deal - the physical shops also have a similar deal but that does not include a memory card. Only the 'online' store offers incldues one.

I just learnt of something I hadn't noticed myself, and I think people like Shifty will appreciate if they ever get an opportunity to test the Vita version: at the bottom of the tutorial, there's an 'unlock all' button, that just unlocks all tools and bobs for create mode right away. Brilliant! Even if you go into all 67 levels and walk straight to the exit (which is possible), that's still a LOT of work. ;)

Just finished the story mode levels. Only the final boss level was annoying, but not nearly as much as previous LBP end bosses and once you know what to do, it's actually quite easy. I was surprised and disappointed it was over, wanting more, which is also a first from me for the series. This has levels I'll gladly replay, which is ... well you get the drift. ;)

The distance between something like this and the best experience ai've had on iOS still feels ... huge!

For those playing user created content, the "2D/3D" level is worth trying.

Back