LittleBigPlanet Karting (beta)

Yeah, noticed it early, signed up immediately. Will be interesting.

Anybody else get their beta invite yet. Just downloading it now. It's weighing in at just over 3GB.

That's the bit I don't get!? I'm not a Plus member, just a regular Joe!

Had a quick blast just now. Seems nicely responsive, and totally has the LBP vibe running through it. All the regulars there with drifting, weapons etc. Need to play a little more to get a proper feel though.

Plus members only get it for one day. We're probably just there as part some load test, while you are in the proper beta.

The presentation is exactly like LBP, very nice. This isn't really my kind of game though. I never played that other cart racing game beyond a few laps of the demo, so I don't know how it compares.

Plus members only get it for one day. We're probably just there as part some load test, while you are in the proper beta.

Ah, that would make sense!

The presentation is exactly like LBP, very nice. This isn't really my kind of game though. I never played that other cart racing game beyond a few laps of the demo, so I don't know how it compares.

The obvious comparison is with Mario Kart since that is, practically, the only game we play on the Wii. I still think that Mario wins with the looks though that is mainly down to the low resolution and fuzziness of the gfx. Makes it feel 'softer' to play.

LBP Karting on the other hand still has that sharpness to the gfx that make it feel harsher to play. More serious in a way.

I really need to see some UG tracks though, I think that is going to be a real killer with this.

Is LBP Karting 60fps? I presume not, which if that is the case, that may be the real reason why Mario Kart feels 'softer'. I think for a karting game it should be 60fps, to be honest, no matter how big an LBP fan I am.

Is LBP Karting 60fps? I presume not, which if that is the case, that may be the real reason why Mario Kart feels 'softer'. I think for a karting game it should be 60fps, to be honest, no matter how big an LBP fan I am.

It doesn't feel 60fps and, even though sack boy is so cuddly I'd adopt one tomorrow, it just doesn't seem to have the charm of Mario Kart.

I got it. Didn't get far beyond the tutorial, but it actually seems quite fun.

Back