List of games that use local copy of a graphic library .dll

ECH

Regular
After reading this article that touches base that some games may have graphic card libraries I ask if there is a list, somewhere, that provides which games that install them into the game directory? The reasoning behind this is that if there are graphical improvements I would like to disable the original library in that game directory so that the one from the drivers have preference for that game.

Perhaps it doesn't fully work that way. But the article does show frame rate improvements none the less. There are 2 file libraries that I know of:
Atiags.dll
Atimgpud.dll (suppose to be for multi gpus)
which can be found in games.

going back a long time there was glide2x.dll

if you give me a list of files to search for i will give you a list

atiags.dll
syndicate
mass effect 3

Atimgpud.dll
skyrim
legendary
fallout 3
crysis
crysis warhead
oblivion

And the semi-accurate truth strikes again:

article said:
On its own this is not a bad thing, but when implementing simple fixes, like sending out up to date Crossfire detect libraries to developers, takes a back seat to improving performance with fruit from much higher up in the proverbial tree, you know that you can do better.

Except ATI does this. It's the developers that don't release a patch for their older games! Or at the very least implement the xfire detection with a graceful degradation design: test for an up-to-date library installed on Windows, revert to local if not found or if tagged incompatible with their game.

It's no business of [strike]AMD[/strike]ATI, NVIDIA, Intel or AMD to start updating other companies' software. They could pressure developers, they could even pay developers/publishers to do that but ultimately it's the ISV's job (and in their best interest too) to do so!

going back a long time there was glide2x.dll

if you give me a list of files to search for i will give you a list

atiags.dll
syndicate
mass effect 3

Atimgpud.dll
skyrim
legendary
fallout 3
crysis
crysis warhead
oblivion

Thanks, I know of 2 more called atiumdag.dll and atimgpud.dll. There is also atioglxx.dll but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

And the semi-accurate truth strikes again:

Except ATI does this. It's the developers that don't release a patch for their older games! Or at the very least implement the xfire detection with a graceful degradation design: test for an up-to-date library installed on Windows, revert to local if not found or if tagged incompatible with their game.

It's no business of [strike]AMD[/strike]ATI, NVIDIA, Intel or AMD to start updating other companies' software. They could pressure developers, they could even pay developers/publishers to do that but ultimately it's the ISV's job (and in their best interest too) to do so!
I can't disagree however, it still would be to our advantage to update the library whenever possible. Or just rename the old library file in the game and let the driver's version take over. Hopefully a list in this thread would remove any dependency from a developer to update the library.

Last edited by a moderator:
atimgpud.dll
skyrim
legendary
fallout 3
fallout 3 new vegas
crysis
crysis warhead
oblivion

atimgpud.dll
nothing

atioglxx.dll (its the ati opengl driver)
nothing (allthough when i ran kotor on a 9800pro I had this file in the kotor folder but since deleted it because its no longer needed)

thats 325 games searched

atimgpud.dll
skyrim
legendary
fallout 3
fallout 3 new vegas
crysis
crysis warhead
oblivion

atimgpud.dll
nothing

atioglxx.dll (its the ati opengl driver)
nothing (allthough when i ran kotor on a 9800pro I had this file in the kotor folder but since deleted it because its no longer needed)

thats 325 games searched

Thank you again. I'll combined the lists from both posts.

The following library files may need to be renamed (found in the game directory) when a better one is found in the driver: atimgpud.dll and atiags.dll.
Check the release notes of the driver, etc.:
atimgpud.dll
skyrim
legendary
fallout 3
fallout 3 new vegas
crysis
crysis warhead
oblivion

atiags.dll
syndicate
mass effect 3