LG Cancels Blu-Ray player

Ahhh cool.

I did not want to be in the middle of trying to figure out which to buy (HD-DVD or BlueRay) so I was hoping I could get one to do both...just like I did with the good ol days using the DVR- vrs DVR+ :)

This is good. I didn't expect dual format drives until at least this time next year. But I wonder how much supporting dual format will drive up the price.

ZoinKs! said:
This is good. I didn't expect dual format drives until at least this time next year. But I wonder how much supporting dual format will drive up the price.

Yeah. Personally, I'd be willing to pay a reasonable premium for that to be defensive. What's reasonable? Err, I'll know it when I see it! :cool:

I personally don't like the idea of having to go through one more transition of the DVD wars (+/- recording/rewriting).. however if that has to be done... so be it. This is still a no-win for the consumer in the end though... and somewhat bad for the companies involved.

I'm not sure what to root for.. one standard dying off, or both standards thriving...

I don't see the +/- standards going away anytime soon... which is good for the most part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back