Let HD DVD Die Petition

I think Toshiba will be throwing money into the fire if it carried on trying to support HD DVD to the extent it has been doing.

HD DVD can be assisted to its untimely death or it will die of natural causes, whatever the case it is just a matter of a few months - IMHO.

Toshiba is doing right by their shareholders by fireselling inventories to minimize losses. yes, consumers may be deceived, but their first obligation is to their shareholders.

Toshiba is doing right by their shareholders by fireselling inventories to minimize losses. yes, consumers may be deceived, but their first obligation is to their shareholders.

Exactly. Once the existing inventories are cleared out, you'll see HD DVD slowly fade into nothingness.

Online petitions make me laugh...

While I don't like to sign silly online peitions, I will agree it's time to move on. BR has a small window to gian market acceptance or remain niche. As long as the HD DVD is making noise and trying that could be enough to put people off.

Eventually I hope to see a good priced (under $400) dual format player with full BD Live 2.0 profile.

I want another petition... LET BLU RAY die. Seriously, this showing from both parties is terrible. I hope that neither of them makes their money back on the systems. Go the internet downloads... :)

Fiber please?

Screw that. I've already got 19 B-r movies (and the entire Planet Earth series) with 5 more on the way and plenty of titles I'd like to buy. Downloads FTL. I don't have infinite storage, nor infinite bandwidth.

Oh btw, since the warner switch all those wonderful BOGO's are gone. My purchases at the current prices will be extremely limited.

Back