LEGO Jurassic World [PS3, PS4, X360, XO, WU]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11852

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games and The LEGO Group today announced their 2015 slate of LEGO® videogames, including LEGO Jurassic World™, LEGO Marvel’s Avengers, plus new handheld and mobile titles.

1503288_1533404950275684_4135865112703441794_n.jpg

LEGO Jurassic World™
Following the epic storylines of Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III, as well as the highly anticipated Jurassic World, LEGO Jurassic World is the first videogame where players will be able to relive and experience all four Jurassic films. The game will be available in June for the Xbox One, all-in-one games and entertainment system, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system, the Wii U™ system from Nintendo, Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system, and Windows PC.

https://www.facebook.com/LEGOJurassic
http://twitter.com/LEGOJurassic
http://instagram.com/LEGOJurassic

I am looking forward to even more mediocre lego games...

I think this one may be tricky to pull off. I've only played Lego Star Wars, Lego Indiana Jones and Lego Marvel Super Heroes. I loved the Star Wars and Marvel games, because the characters and humour were great. Lego Indy did nothing for me but I'm struggling to think of particularity strong or compelling characters from previous Jurassic Park films and I'd be surprised if World was any different.

Unless they're going to let you play as dinosaurs :sly:

I am looking forward to even more mediocre lego games...
As DSoup says as long as you can play as a dinosaur, then it could be fine. As for Jurassic World, the movie, I have some expectations because of Bryce Dallas Howard and Katie McGrath and maybe the script --hope it is good, but domesticated velociraptors?

If they were really both smart and social (they weren't, but other Dino's were, and they were in the story ;) ) it is certainly not that impossible.

I'm secretly hoping for this one to be the best.

I think this one may be tricky to pull off. I've only played Lego Star Wars, Lego Indiana Jones and Lego Marvel Super Heroes. I loved the Star Wars and Marvel games, because the characters and humour were great. Lego Indy did nothing for me but I'm struggling to think of particularity strong or compelling characters from previous Jurassic Park films and I'd be surprised if World was any different.

Unless they're going to let you play as dinosaurs :sly:

Lego Indy didn't do it for me either. I think Lego SW largely worked so great because it was making fun of the po-facedness of its source material. By and large, SW took itself super serious. That was never the case with the Indy films, so Lego Indy was more or less left with reenacting jokes that were in the films all along. The scene in which Indy gunned down a dual scimitar wielding henchman was always funny. So was just about every scene with Sean Connery. The trademark Lego pantomime treatment didn't really anything.

I have some expectations because of Bryce Dallas Howard and Katie McGrath and maybe the script --hope it is good, but domesticated velociraptors?
I'm a sucker for the Jurassic Park films and I'm really looking forward to this despite the bonkers premise about the domesticated raptors. Good cast, though. Here's hoping it's good!

Lego Indy didn't do it for me either. I think Lego SW largely worked so great because it was making fun of the po-facedness of its source mater
When I first played LEGO Star Wars I was very surprised that that such a piss-take version of franchise was even signed off. But as you say, it really worked because of this.

If they were really both smart and social (they weren't, but other Dino's were, and they were in the story ;) ) it is certainly not that impossible.

I'm secretly hoping for this one to be the best.
Do you mean that from a scientific point of view the Velociraptors weren't social creatures? I am just asking 'cos I am not sure but I've seen a fair amount of documentaries as a fan of nature things and I thought they were social. The Jurassic Park movies portrayed those creatures as very smart -dunno about the book the film is based on, I am going to read it in the near future, I hope- but they are evil, hence not domesticated. I just can imagine that if they reared them after hatching, but still...

I live in a very small town, within a large mountainous region, and the father of a neighbour of mine found a fox in the nearby mountains when she was a cub and he brought her home. He raised her and she behaved like your typical dog, she was so tame and seemed no different than your domestic dog. But then..one fine morning she killed all her hens and left the house to never come back!!

What I mean is that what's bred in the bone will come out in the flesh. In life your true nature shows up, and what you have within you and inside of you and what you are, causes a powerful pull.

I read a recent children's book on dinosaurs not long ago that touched on velociraptors and they mentioned that they basically picked the wrong dinosaur, that there was a different breed that did hunt in groups and was smart. I'll check if we still have it somewhere...

I read a recent children's book on dinosaurs not long ago that touched on velociraptors and they mentioned that they basically picked the wrong dinosaur, that there was a different breed that did hunt in groups and was smart. I'll check if we still have it somewhere...

Velociraptors were smaller than depicted in Jurassic Park. And they had feathers. And tasted great in burgers.

This is all scientific fact :yes:

How much I'd like to create a time machine and check that out myself. A recent theory challenges the meteorite hypothesis about how the dinosaurs become extinct and were wiped.

My limited human brain sustains this personal theory..I think that the extinction happened because as the Earth grew older it couldn't sustain such large animals. When the Earth was younger maybe it was richer.
Velociraptors were smaller than depicted in Jurassic Park. And they had feathers. And tasted great in burgers.

This is all scientific fact :yes:
I heard so. If they were a smaller species, shouldn't they be those smaller dinosaurs called Allosaurus -iirc- instead of Velociraptors?

Don't the more recent theories all point towards just about all dinausaurs having been feathered beasts? Either way, I want no part of that world:(

Last edited:
Not all I think. But anyway, you don't have to worry about that in the Lego game ;) The trailer was great, the exact same Lego T-rex as my son has ...

Eurogamer have a preview piece of the game.

One new feature that TT Games has included is the ability to now play as the dinosaurs themselves (well, sort of new - it seems based on the technology behind earlier controllable Lego bigfigs). Heal up Ellie's triceratops and it will follow you through the rest of that level, and you can control it yourself to charge through obstacles blocking your path. Leave it to its own devices when controlling another character and it will happily stomp around, breaking other items and unlocking studs for you to collect.

jpg

I really like the lighting and colors in that screenshot ...

I played a fair bit of it with my gf. It was okay. As expected, you're playing the cliffnote versions of 4 more or less beloved movies. Once more you get to visit thematically distinct hubworlds which lead to individual levels. It's a relatively puzzle heavy entry in the series (which I'm not that big of a fan of because they all boil down to smashing everything until you can eventually build yourself out of a bind with the debree. It really messes with the pacing) It's also rather short, even for a Lego game - takes about 6 hours to finish the 4 campaigns . Otherwise it's business as usual. Still not a patch on the Lego SW games (including the excellent Clone Wars). I also prefered Lego LotR.

I also got to play a bit of Lego Dimensions yesterday, and that one was actually quite neat. Really expensive, though. (but I hear it's quite lengthy)

Thanks! Yeah, Lego Dimensions looks cool and if they bundled into Lego Marvel they'd have me hook, line and sinker! But they don't so I can resist! :yes:

Back