"leaked" Vishera (Piledriver) CPU Sheet

LunchBox

Regular
I was browsing randomly and saw this @ expreview and this caught my attention... the checklist on the chart.

2e24gf5.jpg

From A8 5500 to FX 8350 all the checks are present on all the feature set.

If the chart is real, is the FX8350 supposed to be an APU too?

not sure since the features are highlighted but there is a n/a on the GPU.

Or is it enabled if people couple it with an AMD video card?

Or did they add their Media Accelerator?

I am confused...

It's the platform's feature list.
The FX platform consists of an FX processor, an HD79XX graphics card and the 990 chipset.

there's an incoherency here with 7480D not "dual graphics capable"

I believe the D is meaningless, I thought "as good as dedicated". you can make up whichever word or phrase you like best. its best rationale is that some consumers will be aware that there's not a radeon 7560 PCIe card in the computer.

crossfire is only for laptops and gives you a whole new made up part number ending in G2 (or at least letter + 2)
on a desktop, building such a system is shooting yourself in the foot, you're better off using the cheapest FX and a card, or even disabling the Trinity's GPU the day you upgrade by putting a card that murders it in the slot.

maybe keep the integrated GPU around for display and misc stuff but then when gaming, the fast card, one or two generations ahead mind you, not even the same arch and the same driver eventually, is the only game in town.

dual graphics can be a nice way to to get rid of surplus cards through OEM channels, surely, and is an inexpensive feature to add on a checklist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back