Last minute chicken curry

sfj

Newcomer
Made on the fly for a houseful of students last night.

Ingredients:

One large packet of chicken breast fillets (had just reached the 'use by' date, use it or lose it)
One small packet garam masala
5 onions
3 cloves of garlic
10 large mild chillis
One carton greek yogurt
Ginger root
Mild curry powder
Sunflower oil
One box of long life coconut milk

To do this justice, all of the quantities should be measured by eye in a 'looks about right' kind of way. :)

MARINADE:
Pour some sunflower oil into a bowl and add a packet of garam masala. Mix well.

CHICKEN:
Cut the chicken into pieces.
Add the chicken to the marinade. Make sure the pieces of chicken are evenly coated.
Stick this lot in the fridge for an hour or two.

ONIONS, CHILLIS, GARLIC, GINGER:

Chop the onions and chillis. Chop and crush the garlic and ginger.
Add this to a pan and heat until onion is 'soft'.

COOKING THE CHICKEN:
Put the chicken in a pan and fry until fully cooked.

CURRY SAUCE:
Put the carton of greek yogurt, the box of coconut milk and a small packet of curry powder in a large bowl. Mix.

FINAL RESULT:
Put the chicken, the onion mixture and the sauce in a large saucepan. Mix. Make sure the stove is on a low heat to avoid curdling. Reduce carefully until the sauce has thickened.

Serve with rice, poppadoms, bhajis and pakoras!

Seeing as how I have never read a cooking recipe in English before, I picked around 20 new useful words aswell as the actual recipe!

A very productive day, I feel...

Kjetil

Joe's hot dog surprise

Hot dogs .

Buns

2 -3 onions

Pot

Pam

grill

katchup

grounded red peper

cut up the onions

put them in the pot. put ketup in the pot. (its tricky cause i never measured it)

put the red pepers in

mix untill cooked.

Make the hot dogs

You want to put enough ketup in so they turn red But not so much that it tastes ketupy .

Tastes really good and i normaly have to make it 3 times or so per bbq .

jvd is it me or is your spelling mistakes to typo ratio getting worse?! You must be learning to touchtype or your keyboard is a bit mankey!

Tahir said:
jvd is it me or is your spelling mistakes to typo ratio getting worse?! You must be learning to touchtype or your keyboard is a bit mankey!
no. Its not you. Getting worse as I get older. Might be the 2 hours of sleep a day .

Back