Large TVs image burn ins.....When will the industry fix it?

I want to buy a HDTV set. I love the reception and and image quality when I watch Shows, Movies or a Sporting Events. But I am also a big time gamer.

I have seen too many of my friends and neighbors with screen image Burn Ins on their sets because video console gaming.

When will the industry come put a with a LCD, Plasma, or Rear Projection HDTVs that will be safe for everyday gaming without the worry of image Burn Ins?

Is any new technology that is coming out in the future to address this problem? :?

Re: Large TVs image burn ins.....When will the industry fix

kenneth9265_3 said:
I want to buy a HDTV set. I love the reception and and image quality when I watch Shows, Movies or a Sporting Events. But I am also a big time gamer.

I have seen too many of my friends and neighbors with screen image Burn Ins on their sets because video console gaming.

When will the industry come put a with a LCD, Plasma, or Rear Projection HDTVs that will be safe for everyday gaming without the worry of image Burn Ins?

Is any new technology that is coming out in the future to address this problem? :?

LCDs suffer from image burn-ins? That's news to me.

I have definitely seen an LCD monitor with a burn-in. Whether it would fade over time or not I don't know.

LCD burn-ins do happen (just read the warnings in the instruction manuals) and that's why I won't buy a plasma TV until they sort it out (along with the dead pixel issues). There is even a campaign to get TV companies to remove those little logos in the corners of the screens because they can cause burn-in if you watch the same channel for long enough.

There was a well publicised case in the UK a year or two back where a man got Dixons (one of the big UK electronics chains) to replace a top of the range plasma TV after his kids watched one of the kids TV channels with the logo for a week and got the logo burn-in. The retailer blamed the BBC, and the BBC blamed the retailer, and in the end Dixons had to replace the screen because of the "not fit for purpose" clause in UK consumer law.

Mentioned in the report was that if you go to the big BBC TV studio in Shepherds Bush where they have all the large display plasmas in the front reception, they all have the BBC logos burnt into the screens.

Its very rare but LCD can suffer from burn-in,but unlike CRT the LCD burn-in can be "repaired" by turning off the LCD one to two days.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
LCD burn-ins do happen (just read the warnings in the instruction manuals) and that's why I won't buy a plasma TV
:oops: Errrr?! Plasma and LCD are entirely different technologies. Don't get them confused.

Forget burn in. I can buy a 60 inch projection hdtv for 1k . A 24 inch lcd screen will cost me the same for my pc . WTF is up with that . Even a 24inch crt is up there in cost

Latest 7 series of Onyx Plasma TVs from Panasonic reduces the chance for burn-in. Not out in the states yet (announcement soon in a couple of weeks.)

Back