Large hard disk drive on Abit BH6

mangrove

Newcomer
I have this BH6 (1.0) which has served me well for, like, forever. I ran a Celeron 300A@450 like everyone else for a couple of years... then upgraded to a PIII 800MHz overclocked to 900MHz. Now I have to buy a larger drive. Any BH6 owners out there? How large a disk can the BIOS (latest revision) cope with without "disk wizard"-like utilities? Abit says in that BIOS release that they haven't tested larger IDE drives than 40GB... just wondering if someone is running with something larger.

I have a BH6 too. One of the most long-living PC investments I've made. However, I've only used a 20GB hdd on it, so I can't offer you much in that respect. However, I didn't realize you could run >700MHz P3 on it. When I was upgrading from Celeron 300 I found in Abit's documentation that 700 was the highest the BH6 could go:

http://www.abit.com.tw/abitweb/webj...jsp?pPRODUCT_TYPE=MotherBoard&pMODEL_NAME=BH6

Apparently that's not true. Does it run your 800MHz P3 normally, or is there some hack involved?

|)U(|0F|)3@TH said:
Apparently that's not true. Does it run your 800MHz P3 normally, or is there some hack involved?

It runs it normally @900, running for a year or so now. It supports the multiplier and the FSB, so what the... ;-)

Back