Laptop doesn't detect Bluetooth mouse

eloic

Veteran
I can't add this device. I uninstalled and reinstalled Bluetooth drivers (not the one from the device because it's not in my device list, since it has never been detected), rebooted Bluetooth Windows service...

There's another laptop here with the same OS (Windows 10) and there it works (it's also an Ideapad, from Lenovo). Why? Any ideas? I read somewhere that Windows 10 may have issues with Bluetooth devices detection, but then I wonder why the same mouse works in an almost identical laptop.

your bluetooth receiver is it built in or is it usb ?
if its usb remove it and uninstall the drivers (use usbdeview to be certain)
the mouse drivers should come with a setup.exe so it shouldnt matter if its listed (normally you dont plug in a usb device untill the setup asks you to)
the mouse + dongle should have a little button on them to pair it

your bluetooth receiver is it built in or is it usb ?
if its usb remove it and uninstall the drivers (use usbdeview to be certain)
Built-in.

the mouse drivers should come with a setup.exe so it shouldnt matter if its listed (normally you dont plug in a usb device untill the setup asks you to)
the mouse + dongle should have a little button on them to pair it
I don't have mouse drivers. The mouse is a bit old but IIRC it didn't need anything else to connect to the other laptop, just standard Windows device recognition.

Regarding the use of buttons to pair, this is not the issue. I know how to do that. :mrgreen: I didn't tell literally, but when I said that I can't connect it, I implied that I followed the standard pairing procedure (click on "add device" and wait for the scanning process to begin, press the pairing button that makes the blue light blink for a while, etc...) but it doesn't work.

maybe different BT version?

busted bluetooth module on laptop? (can your laptop that cant detect your mouse able to detect your phone?)

dirty Bluetooth device connection history? (press start, type Bluetooth, enter. delete everything)

whats the make and model of your mouse ?
It's a cheap-ass mouse that doesn't even have a brand on it. In the other laptop, it appears as "Weyes Mouse" (so I searched for those drivers and installed them in my laptop, I forgot to mention, but nothing...).

maybe different BT version?

busted bluetooth module on laptop? (can your laptop that cant detect your mouse able to detect your phone?)
My laptop detects and pairs to other BT devices such as my phone, speakers, etc. No problem.

dirty Bluetooth device connection history? (press start, type Bluetooth, enter. delete everything)
Nope, as I said, the device doesn't appear in any list because it never paired to my computer, so I can't remove it from any history.

This is so annoying! :cry:

Thanks for your answers, guys, anyway! :love:

It's some BT version incompatibility, I can nearly guarantee it. The mouse probably doesn't negotiate protocol version and your "working" IdeaPad is likely using a far more capable BT radio.

It truly amazes me, after however-damn long BT has existed, how much it can still stuck.

Device manager -- View -- Show hidden devices ?
Nope. :(

It's some BT version incompatibility, I can nearly guarantee it. The mouse probably doesn't negotiate protocol version and your "working" IdeaPad is likely using a far more capable BT radio.

It truly amazes me, after however-damn long BT has existed, how much it can still stuck.
Yeah, it sucks...

Back