Kung Fu Live [PSN]

Yes, it supposedly identifies a connected prop and incorporates it. There are a few vids on YouTube of people turning up to demos with costumes and props.

It can't seriously require 9 feet of space, can it? I guess it does need the full body to work correctly...sheesh. That's the same thing that's keeping me away from Kinect (space).

It can't seriously require 9 feet of space, can it? I guess it does need the full body to work correctly...
And movements either side. You step left and right, and can kick out. So it's a limit of physical gaming in general.

Yea, that stinks. I mean, I've got about ~7ft if I move my coffee table, but my movement from side to side is a bit limited. Who knows, maybe I'll take the plunge anyway and see if it'll work with the limited space I have.

Game comes out today, I'll probably pick it up and post impressions! It's $5 right?

Late Edit: It's $15. Too rich for my blood to blind buy something like this. I'll wait for the PSN+ Discount if it ever happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought it. Will post impressions later. Also bought Beat Sketcher together. SackBoy's Prehistoric Move is available too. This weekend is going to be fun.

bought it & played last night (well this morning it was about 4 AM) works really good, didn't have much room to get crazy in my bed room & I had on baggy jeans from when I was like 245Lbs so I couldn't really get crazy with the kicks, but it was really fun & the game is really good underneath it all because it reminds me of the NES, SNES & Sega games like this from back in the day , Final Fight , Streets of Rage , Renegade & some more beat'em ups,

might just hook it up in the living room & get crazy tonight lol

Nice comics presentation ! I am certain my kid will love it now.

yeah & the game is good enough to watch as if it was a cartoon, didn't expect much from it other than mindless fun but they did really good with this game,

2mds2s1.jpg

the response time in this game feels so good after playing kinect games and having to adjust to the delays, you can dodge the hits with perfect timing.

May be due to the camera framerate difference.

yeah that plus it could be the motion blur in this game also that make it look like you're moving even faster than you are in real life, because it even make Your Shape feel a little slow & that don't even have much of a delay .

which got me thinking I would love to see more kinect games made in this way using your image on the screen placing you in different settings & letting you kinda walk around in them as you play. because it would work for more people seeing as you don't have to do the background removal yourself because the depth camera & software does it automatically.

e1btpg.jpg

side note you can kinda see where the RGB camera took a hit in resolution to match the Depth camera, I wonder if they could map a 640x480 RGB video feed over the 320x240 depth feed?

20f57j5.jpg

8wmi44.jpg

11uwxhc.jpg

5uehrs.jpg

this game really seems to be good at being aware of where you are even when you get hit it seems to be spot on

Tried it this morning with my family. I don't know how long the novelty will last. As expected, this game triumphs all the huge AAA titles. ;-)

I got my kid to play since he's smaller and requires much less space. It was hilarious. If you move fast, the game renders you with ghost shadows. If you goes out of the camera view, you disappear from the stage like a Ninja. You can jump back in to fight anytime. The in-game characters made comments like "Stop doing that !", "Hey, that's not fair". :) If you throw up your hands and jump, you somersault in the game. All the actions are instant.

The technical flaws are:
* If you move too close, the camera may only see half your body, and render accordingly
* The background removal may not be perfect (You see some fringes or may be missing a small part of your edge).
* For adults, you definitely need more space coz the camera won't be able to see your legs. You can still fight with the upper body ^_^ but walking becomes an issue.

The comics presentation is genius ! I love to see my kid in the comics. I see him getting more and more sweaty (with wet hair), and decide to call it quit. At some point, he ran out of his shower naked to try to replay the game. ^_^

Back from a full day outing.

tha_con, the game does need a lot of space: 7 - 9 feet (or as long as it can see the full body of a player). It's wicked for a kid (5 - 7 feet is far enough for us).

For the most part, our son zipped around the room so fast that he overwhelmed his opponents from many directions. The enemies get tougher so by round 3, you need more careful menuveur to avoid KO.

I saw on Pulse that the player can emit electricity like the Emperor in Star Wars but we have not gone that far yet.

The game also supports a DS3 mode where up to 4 DS3 players can control an enemy to fight the motion controlled character. I played that mode with my wife, and it's quite fun too; but story mode is more funny.

EDIT: I'm quite amazed by the tracking and calibration. It works much better than EyePet's free hand tracking. I think the video quality is pretty good too (Not as grainy as Move titles).

tha_con, the game does need a lot of space: 7 - 9 feet (or as long as it can see the full body of a player). It's wicked for a kid (5 - 7 feet is far enough for us).

Made a mistake. My PSEye was not in wide angle view (Someone changed it without me knowing). Once we turned the lens clockwise, I could play at 7 feet as advertised. ^_^

No need to move to 9 feet away. Also didn't have to move too much left or right.

Had to beat the White Warrior (with multiple shadow warriors) myself since my son couldn't do it. Accidentally kicked his chin too, fortunately not too hard. :p

Your kid might jump in while you're chopping and kicking.

How do you play this game with spectators/multiplayer, when they can't be in view? No clips or guides show several people in the background watching.

Back