Kingdom Hearts 2 sells 1M in 3 days!

london-boy said:
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/678/678247p1.html

And i can't wait to play it!!

IGN also notes that while this is a very good achievement, Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy usually manage double that in 3 days... :D
Mmmm, Dragon Quest 8. Must play now...

Are the Kingdom Hearts games really any good? I don't mind a bit of whimsy in a game, but the idea of playing in a whole world of Disney characters seems a bit much and I worry that I might spend the whole game throwing up in my mouth.

.Sis

Sis said:
Mmmm, Dragon Quest 8. Must play now...

Are the Kingdom Hearts games really any good? I don't mind a bit of whimsy in a game, but the idea of playing in a whole world of Disney characters seems a bit much and I worry that I might spend the whole game throwing up in my mouth.

.Sis

I used to think the same, but the way the Disney world was messed up in a Final Fantasy sort of style in the first KH was what made it (for me at least) the best game of the year.. whatever year it came out.

It was really something magical and i'm glad i took the risk and tried it out, because it was an awesome experience. :smile:

And it looked beautiful, and KH2 looks to be even more beautiful!!

london-boy said:
I used to think the same, but the way the Disney world was messed up in a Final Fantasy sort of style in the first KH was what made it (for me at least) the best game of the year.. whatever year it came out.

It was really something magical and i'm glad i took the risk and tried it out, because it was an awesome experience. :smile:

And it looked beautiful, and KH2 looks to be even more beautiful!!
Nice--KH is pretty cheap right now too, so I'll pick it up.

.Sis

Sis said:
Nice--KH is pretty cheap right now too, so I'll pick it up.

.Sis

From the beginning you'll see that it's a serious game with non-serious characters, which makes it even more emotional :smile:

Loved it!

EricVonZipper said:
Excellent!

Should be fun!

Still wondering why Sony didn't drop the PS2's price to 99$? Would help sell these great games!

What has the PS2 price have to do with how much the games sell?

Many of the people I know have opted for the Gamecube(99$) or NOTHING! they may want the PS2/xbox but they are cheap. Hence many great ps2/xbox games(ico,sudeki,sotc,ect..)fail to see widespread support and it's simply a matter of a few dollars. My friends would buy a ps2/xbox at 99$, but not @149$(and certainly not 399$)

Then those are some pretty cheap gamers. Fifty dollars more, to me, is nothing, and I'm still in school (paying for university sucks big balls).

The PS2 won't drop until the PS3 hits the market. Until then...

When I first heard about the first KH... I too saw all the Disney and was like "oh hell no."

Needless to say, it was easily my favorite game in 2003 (I believe) and one of my favorites this generation. Incredible really. Can't wait for II, which by all accounts is much darker than the first.

KH sounded great on paper but I got tired of it because the gameplay seemed a bit repetitive, especially the big battles and then going around that damn island.

Hope they do more with the game mechanics in KH2.

typoEDR said:
Then those are some pretty cheap gamers. Fifty dollars more, to me, is nothing, and I'm still in school (paying for university sucks big balls).

The PS2 won't drop until the PS3 hits the market. Until then...

Have to agree......

Hell, you can trade-in a couple of crappy games at Gamestop and make up the $50 difference. ;)

Back