Killzone is a very nice looking game

PSman

Banned
Have anyone here ever played Kilzone on the PS2?

I just played Killzone yesterday (very good game), one of the thing in Killzone that really stand out is the graphic. It look amazing IMO,the texture quality and characters model look very nice. I don't understand why so many reviewers gave Killzone such a low score, especially in the graphic department. I know the graphic have some flaws, but it is nowhere near as bad as some of the reviewer said.

What's your opinion on Killzone graphic?

There is often cases where the LOD system doesn't work perfectly so it takes a second or two for the high quality model/textures to be applied when you get up close to someone. When it worked as intended the game does look rather good. Sometimes the AI was really stupid too (although sometimes it'd work really well -- sort of hit or miss, and more often miss). The gameplay and level design I thought it were good, but it seemed they were trying to do a bit too much in the graphics department on the aging PS2 hardware.

I thought the game was rather fun and the story/gameworld was compelling enough that I completed it. I was definitely happy with my $20 purchase. Not the best game, but it definitely didn't deserve all the hate it got, seeing as most of the overhyping was done by the press (which then proceeded to crap all over the game).

The game looked excellent for a PlayStation 2 FPS.

Problems I found were:

-AI was pretty dumb.
-A lot of graphical glitches.
-The LOD system like Bobbler stated. (I found that the Slimline PS2 reduces this problem, wonder why)
-Lack of enemy types.
-Online is very unbalanced.

Good things I found were:

-The story was great.
-Gameplay was good although framerate would bomb a little.
-Weapons are pretty balanced.
-Animations (reload) were excellent.
-Level design is excellent.
-Cut scenes seem to be more of a reward than anything, which I like.

I loved the conceptual art and direction of killzone. If the God of War team was making Killzone, it would have been greatly better technically.

Proelite said:
I loved the conceptual art and direction of killzone. If the God of War team was making Killzone, it would have been greatly better technically.
Thats easy to say. GOW is like on rails, and simple a complete other type of game.
I dont like Killzone, simply because I cant stand slow-paced or pseudo-realistic shooters, but I think the Graphics are top-notch but more than the PS2 can reliable handle. The LOD-transitions cant be worse or more irritating than Farcrys LOD on trees either, and thats hailed as technological masterpiece ;)

Back