Kent earthquake appeal

mito

beyond noob
Veteran
April, 2007

A major earthquake measuring 4.3 on the Richter scale hit in the early hours of Saturday. 28 April 2007

Epicentre: Dover.

Victims were seen wandering around aimlessly muttering 'Bloomin' 'ell' and 'whasssapppend'
The earthquake decimated the area causing approximately £30.00 worth of damage. Several priceless collections of mementoes from the Balearics, Spanish Costas and Thurrock boot sales were damaged beyond repair. Three areas of historic burnt out cars were disturbed. Many locals were woken well before their giro arrived.

Kent FM News reported that hundreds of residents were confused and bewildered, still trying to come to terms with the fact that something interesting had happened in Kent.

One resident - Tracy Sharon Smith, a 15-year-old mother of 5 said 'It was such a shock, my little Chardonnay Mercedes came runnin' into my bedroom cryin'. My younges' two, Ashley 'n' Brooklyn, slep' froo it all. I was still shakin' when I was watchin' Kilroy the next mornin'.'

Apparently though, looting, muggings and car crime did carry on as normal. Rescue workers found one girl in the rubble smothered in blood

'Where are you bleeding from?' they asked her. 'Bleedin' Sarfend,' said the girl 'woss that gotta do with it?'

The British Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 crates of Pepsi max to the area to help the stricken locals. Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings, which include benefit books, jewellery from Elizabeth Duke at Argos and Bone China from Poundland.

HOW CAN YOU HELP

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing, parcels for those unfortunate to be caught up in this disaster. Clothing is most sought after, items most needed include: Fila or Burberry baseball caps, Kappa tracksuit tops (his and hers), shell suits (female), white sport socks, Rockport boots and any other items usually sold in Matalan. Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are needed all the same. Required foodstuffs include Microwave meals, tins of baked beans, ice cream and cans of Special Brew.

22p buys a biro for filling in the compensation forms,
2.00 Pounds buys chips, crisps and Tango drinks for a family of 9,
5.00 pounds will pay for a packet of B&H and a lighter to calm the nerves of those affected.

Please do not send tents for shelter,as the sight of posh housing is unfair on the population of neighbouring areas of Hythe, Deal and New Romney.

April, 2007

A major earthquake measuring 4.3 on the Richter scale hit in the early hours of Saturday. 28 April 2007

Epicentre: Dover.

Victims were seen wandering around aimlessly muttering 'Bloomin' 'ell' and 'whasssapppend'
The earthquake decimated the area causing approximately £30.00 worth of damage. Several priceless collections of mementoes from the Balearics, Spanish Costas and Thurrock boot sales were damaged beyond repair. Three areas of historic burnt out cars were disturbed. Many locals were woken well before their giro arrived.

Kent FM News reported that hundreds of residents were confused and bewildered, still trying to come to terms with the fact that something interesting had happened in Kent.

One resident - Tracy Sharon Smith, a 15-year-old mother of 5 said 'It was such a shock, my little Chardonnay Mercedes came runnin' into my bedroom cryin'. My younges' two, Ashley 'n' Brooklyn, slep' froo it all. I was still shakin' when I was watchin' Kilroy the next mornin'.'

Apparently though, looting, muggings and car crime did carry on as normal. Rescue workers found one girl in the rubble smothered in blood

'Where are you bleeding from?' they asked her. 'Bleedin' Sarfend,' said the girl 'woss that gotta do with it?'

The British Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 crates of Pepsi max to the area to help the stricken locals. Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings, which include benefit books, jewellery from Elizabeth Duke at Argos and Bone China from Poundland.

HOW CAN YOU HELP

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing, parcels for those unfortunate to be caught up in this disaster. Clothing is most sought after, items most needed include: Fila or Burberry baseball caps, Kappa tracksuit tops (his and hers), shell suits (female), white sport socks, Rockport boots and any other items usually sold in Matalan. Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are needed all the same. Required foodstuffs include Microwave meals, tins of baked beans, ice cream and cans of Special Brew.

22p buys a biro for filling in the compensation forms,
2.00 Pounds buys chips, crisps and Tango drinks for a family of 9,
5.00 pounds will pay for a packet of B&H and a lighter to calm the nerves of those affected.

Please do not send tents for shelter,as the sight of posh housing is unfair on the population of neighbouring areas of Hythe, Deal and New Romney.

I would like to personally back this appeal. Main reason being if they don't get these things, they may begin to disperse and, apart from the sea, there isn't anywhere else to go but nearer the rest of us normal people. I live about 20 miles away, and I don't consider that far enough, so the thought of them looting their way past Hawkinge and towards Canterbury truly scares me.

Guys, the joke is funny, even though I've never been to Kent....

Is it like that? :(

Kent is known as, "The Garden of England" (seriously). Some of it is very nice... Dover and some other parts aren't! Pretty much like any large port town really (he said living in a rather rough fishing town).

Having lived in Kent the vast majority of my life, I feel I know Kent fairly well, and while Mariner is right, there are some very nice bits, it doesn't also have the nickname the arsehole of England for no reason. I have a colleague who lives very close to Folkstone, a couple of miles from Dover, and I am told with some regularity about the number of chavs there, and if it isn't chavs, it's immigrants. While I have nothing against them, ultimately their presence there along with the chavs has, as far as my colleague is concerned, lowered the quality of life there considerably. That said, Dover isn't the exception, it's far closer to the rule these days. Herne Bay and Whitstable (where I grew up) are just as bad, Margate is worse imo, and Canterbury, where I work, is getting that way. I remember when McDonalds was just a fun place to eat, now it's intimidating going in there, because there are all these yobs outside the entrance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back