Kena: Bridge of Spirits [PS4 LTE, PS5 LTE, PC]

It seems the game is 60 fps
It's going to be a brave choice to ship any game on the new hardware with 30fps. I think only Watch Dogs Legion has done it.

When I first saw the game, it looks too good to be true but I've had my expectations re-calibrated by Ratchet & Clank. :runaway:

It's going to be a brave choice to ship any game on the new hardware with 30fps. I think only Watch Dogs Legion has done it.

When I first saw the game, it looks too good to be true but I've had my expectations re-calibrated by Ratchet & Clank. :runaway:

And for Watchdogs they did a patch.

It is in french but here a 4k 60 fps youtube video, the same b roll movie but bettter quality

lot of their cutscenes are CGI though.

It seems that sony are really on the ball at the start of this gen with their game conveyor belt, the hype for one game finishes and then the next one commences next month.
Though if its true 30fps gameplay speed then that sucks, esp now I think ppl have become used to 60fps, going back will be difficult for a lot as one becomes quickly accustomed

All big cutscene are CGI, they said it it comes from their background in offline rendering animation. They have 45 minutes of CGI movie.

A lot games are now doing the cutscenes realtime in-engine. This saves a huge amount of storage space.

Pre-load has started.

Also an article on how they brought Kena to life.

Bringing the lead character of Kena: Bridge of Spirits to life

Ember Lab on the design decisions and techniques that shaped the look of its hero.

Ember Lab is very excited to share our first game with the world next week. In the game, you play as Kena, a young Spirit Guide who travels to an abandoned village in search of a sacred mountain shrine, and who must help the wandering spirits trapped there.

Read More: https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...f-kena-bridge-of-spirits-to-life/#sf249543896

51477624125_f8455fd3a3_h.jpg

Ars Technica has their review up here. They call it a contender for GOTY despite only being 15 hours long.

Not sure why they need to compare it to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild instead of just letting the game stand on its own.

I am surprised the game seems to have good gameplay. It's not only a good looking game, the whole package looks solid.

Sony seems to have dropped the ball on the marketing on this one, Sony was all deathloop the last couple of weeks. MS I feel would of done a better job.

Speaking of reviews for the game, Heres the lowest rated review so far

https://www.pcgamer.com/kena-bridge-of-spirits-review/
"Reviewed on: GeForce GTX 1650, AMD Ryzen 5 3550H, 8 GB RAM"

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/kena-bridge-of-spirits
Minimum specs: FX-6100/Intel i3-3220 or Equivalent 12 GB RAM Radeon R7 360 2GB/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB or Equivalent
Recommended specs: Ryzen 5 2600X/Intel i7-6700K or Equivalent 16 GB RAM Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB/ Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB or Equivalent

:LOL:The guy was complaining about performance not being the best, yet hes playing it on a PC that doesnt even meet the minimum spec requirements

Back