Kane & Lynch 360 demo at Leipzig

IO Interactive is not a huge developer like Ubisoft or Capcom, so for them to get this quality of a game out there is impressive IMO. With every new release they seem to improve on polish and production value.

I like that they seem to be comfortable with developing these urban crime themed games (Hitman, and now K&L), which I like :) Gearbox will release their "Heat" game later, so I wonder how that will look like too.

IO is actually quite big (well, about 100 people I guess but I can ask), and they can work on multiple titles in paralel, as they've had huge success with the Hitman series. There's nothing to keep them from reaching the quality of the studios you've mentioned and I think this game is quite comparable.

Now delayed but also on PS3 (together with Crossfire): http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=24390

The titles in question are Kane & Lynch, from Hitman developer IO Interactive, and Pivotal Games's Crossfire. Both were due to be released on PC and Xbox 360 during SCi's 2007 financial year.

Now, however, they will go on sale alongside PS3 versions in the 2008 financial year. Kane & Lynch will be out in time for Christmas, while Crossfire is set to hit the shops early next year. According to an SCi statement, the previously unannounced PS3 games are "currently in advanced stages of development".

Oh well, do the game right is all I can say. Delays don't bother me as long as the end product is of good quality.

I am going to be so NOT surprised if at the end of the game they reveal that Kan and Lynch are actually just 2 halves of one psychotic mind.

In fact if they don't use that "Fight Club" cliche, I am going to be disappointed!

This game will be so awesome. Its from the same team that made brilliant Freedom Fighters! [and Hitman, but who cares about that :D]

Eurogamer is up: 7/10
Gameplay doesn't seem as solid as in games like uncharted or GeoW but they seems to imply that the engine is incredible!

Back