just saw GeForce FX on Techtv

Discussion in 'Architecture and Products' started by megadrive0088, Nov 19, 2002.

1. megadrive0088

Regular

Leo Laporte just held a GeForce FX in his hands, with its huge cooler. mentioned the chip is 500 Mhz. 1 Ghz DDR-II. $400-500. nice to see it on television... he also mentioned GeForce FX is named that because Nv bought 3DFX... heh.

no demos or pictures, just the card.

can't wait to see it running something on TV!

2. Zeross

Regular

It was also stated on the "GF FX story video" on nVidia web site (http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=geforcefx) by the marketting guy can't remember his name :-?

The first reason is obviously because the chip is all about cinematics effects but the second is because it's the first time ex 3dfx engineers worked in combination with nvidia's.

3. megadrive0088

Regular

yeah, I also read that. I should have said it.

I remember reading about a year and a half ago, or maybe two years ago (when Nv bought 3DFX) that Nvidia said the NV30 would be the first GPU to intergrate 3DFX technology.

4. Mariner

Veteran

Does that mean that it is less :evil: evil :evil: than previous NVidia chips?
    :p