Just Cause 3 PC

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by digitalwanderer, Dec 1, 2015.

1. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

HUMUS!!!!

Why is there no multi-GPU support?!? Didn't you hear I picked up a 295x2?!? :shock:

2. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

3. willardjuice

willardjuice super willyjuice
    Moderator Veteran Alpha

AFR being shitty has nothing to do with the developers imo. Blame amd/nv for your multi-gpu problems. I just want msaa. :razz: Wish these deferred engine games gave us the option. Yeah there's a huge performance hit, but let me decide whether the trade-off is worth it or not.

I haven't done much yet besides play through the intro but the game so far looks and runs great. Still deciding if I like the kb/mouse combo better than a controller for this game. I suspect I'll stick with the kb/mouse but we'll see.

homerdog and digitalwanderer like this.
  4. Bludd

Bludd Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall
    Veteran

I'm having fun with this game. I enabled SMAA t2x but it added some weird halo effect for characters so I changed to SMAA vanilla.

5. dogen

Regular Newcomer

Have you tried SMAA with some downsampling?

6. Rootax

Veteran Newcomer

Just started the game, offline mode in steam. I never played JC2 , but the gun fights are such a mess / let down for me. I tried with a xb360 pad, since it's easier for driving, jumping&co, but... except if I miss it, you can't cover, the aim is a mess even with the light aim assist. Most of the time I have no other option than running while gunning, so stupid. i'll try with kb/mouse next time because as it is, it's pretty crappy.

7. tabs

Veteran

So far, I really enjoy it in small doses. I think I'd find it more fun if a few more people on my friends list had it so I could compete for leaderboard spots with them.

A few days after release I did manage to nab the global number one spot for distance travelled with a grappling hook and no chute by cheesing between three concrete pillars until I got bored. :D I had something like a kilometre and a half travelled where the next guy on the list had maybe 30 metres (I've slept since then, don't remember). I'm sure some maniac has me well beat by now.

I really like that you get a live update of when someone you know beats you at something. All the sweeter when you quickly retake it knowing they're probably online getting the message in return.

I personally find the gunplay fine. It's certainly no skill shooter, the focus is very much on movement and darting in and out of danger without worrying about accuracy too much.

Sad that it doesn't support even basic coop. I'm sure many many more of my online buddies would be playing it if it did.

#7 tabs, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  8. milk

milk Like Verified
    Veteran Regular

I was disapointed that neither MS or Sony implemented this as a OS-side feature avaliable for all games this gen.

9. kolsto

Newcomer

How's the game?

10. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

I've only played for about an hour and got distracted tetthering things to each other in interesting ways and playing with the physics. If I ever finish with Fallout 4, I doubt I'll ever complete any missions in Just Cause 3 becuase it's the kind of game environment where it's basically impossible for me not to get distracted.

But I would also like to know how the game is.

11. Bludd

Bludd Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall
    Veteran

It's fun and crazy and surprisingly challenging (if you try to ace all the challenges).

digitalwanderer likes this.
  12. kolsto

Newcomer

So you recommend it?