~~Just Came Back from the Mill and Found a Nice PS3 Rumor Sale!!!~~

I can't read the second link from here (site blocked) and my computer at home is dead (I killed it yesterday) so could you (or anyone else) please wirte a small summation.

From article one
While it is possible that the BBC got their information wrong, there is no smoke without fire
This is tripe. Theatrics have for decades produced smoke without combustion. If someone wants to create smoke and pretend there's a fire, it's easy enough to do so.

Rendezvous : Second article says nothing first article doesn't say.

That second rumor is the most ridiculous thing I've read in a while:

I worked for GameStop over the summer, and this came up during the Madden 2005 [2006?] Release a few months back, and “confirmedâ€￾ by our District Manager, I’m not entirely sure how true it is, but if you do some research on it, here’s what you’d be looking for:

The PS3 is delayed until 2007, the decision for this came about through the failure of the initial hardware the PS3 Development Team created. Apparently, 300 PS3 Units were created and sent to various software developers to begin creating games for the new system. However, design flaws in the PS3 (Specifically, not enough coolant) caused the systems to overheat and meltdown after moderate
use by the developers.

According to my DM (District Manager), Sony went and fired the entirety of the PS3 Development Team for this flaw. In short, from what I’ve heard, if Sony gained anything from this experience, it’s minor technical knowledge on what the PS3 can handle, but for the most part they were sent to square one.

rendezvous said:
I can't read the second link from here (site blocked) and my computer at home is dead (I killed it yesterday) so could you (or anyone else) please wirte a small summation.
That's the TOS violation I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Apparently, 300 PS3 Units were created and sent to various software developers to begin creating games for the new system. However, design flaws in the PS3 (specifically, not enough coolant) caused the systems to overheat and meltdown after moderate use by the developers."

Sounds believeable, since i`ve heard another rumor they basically got the blueprints for Cell from Aliens and spent the last 4 years translating the operating manual. Apparently they created a modified babelfish to generate english docs, anyone who ever read an automatically translated manual will understand that they have no Clue how to use Cell

And to speed the rumor to it's death:

...But speaking to Eurogamer earlier today, the BBC journalist who authored the report said the 22 month figure was not the product of some "inside track" with Sony - it was "just speculation."...

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=61477

Credit to Cybergrue for posting this back at home base.

I personally just think the reporter was running with the Neil Thompson quote recently indicating a 2007 launch for PS3.

Gamestop managers ownz with rumors...some guy told me that my old Socom 1 headset wouldn't work on Socom 3 because of hackers....but then I was wondering what i was talking thru when I purchased Socom 3 with my old socom headset...

-Josh378

Whether it's true or not, this isn't good for the impression Sony's trying to give. That you'll only have to wait until spring for PS3, therefore fence sitters can hold off on the X360.

If this gets leaked out to a maintsream media source, it will do alot to put doubt in people's minds.

It makes no sense though, I though the 300 dev-kits were those big-ass hulking grey boxes? They didn't actually ship anything that looked like the PS3 did they?

No, that's where the rumor falls apart even more. You don't send out actual consoles to do your dev work on, that's ridiculous. Not to mention - the claim of not enough 'coolant' - I mean... what? There needs to be more context than that for me to put it in terms of liquid cooling, becuase otherwise I feel I'm listening to someone who doesn't have a clue about how most computers are cooled.

Anyway as for the mainstream media, it doesn't get much more mainstream than the BBC honestly.

Back