Jump to last post

BoardBonobo

My hat is white(ish)!
Veteran
Hi,

Is it possible to make the jump to last post icons a bit bigger? They are just a little to small to make hitting them a certainty when using a touch screen! A bit of conditional css would do the trick, make them bigger for mobiles and the same for desktops.

Agreed. Even using a mouse I have to be careful not to click on the thread starter's name. Over the years I've gotten pretty good at it :) but it still happens occasionally.

When I used PC only, I changed the configuration in the forum settings to show the latest post first, so I could just click the thread title. Worked great.

Tese days I am mostly using Tapatalk on iPad and iPhone, and it wouldn't work that well with the reverse sort (and always goes to the last post when you select a thread/post anyway), so I switched back.

This is why I like the Xenforo approach where clicking on the thread title takes you to the first unread post.

I've been semi-planning a Xenforo migration over the last couple of months, so that might happen. Until then, BoardBonobo, are you talking about the vB3D style or the vBulletin default one?

I much prefer the default theme, and even with a mouse the button is a bit tough to hit if one's not careful, and on an iphone it's a damn bother trying to poke it without clicking on anything adjacent instead. :) Usually I end up having to zoom way in to be able to poke reliably...

Forumrunner isn't free, so I'm not using it. Don't feel like shelling out for an app I might not even like.

Back