Jets & Sharks at CeBIT

Geo

Mostly Harmless
Legend
http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=4963

But late last night eyewitnesses saw months of increasingly ill blood between core personnel from ATi and NVIDIA, erupt into what seemed set to become a physical confrontation.

Did they dance fight? Were they ripping heat sinks off boards to use as weapons? So much for "oh in private they all get along really well".

<Err, the title is a West Side Story riff, which in turn was actually based on Shakespeare's Montagues and Capulets of Romeo & Juliet>

Nelsieus said:
So true...

No, it's mortgages, car payments, and career advancement. Add alcohol and a girl, and it can be a pretty explosive mix. . .

lol, nice find Geo

My favorite quote sort of goes with what you said above;

Hexus said:
As is often the case, at the centre of such alcohol fuelled loutish behaviour, was an attractive girl...

Oh, silly nerds.

What was an attractive girl doing there in the first place?

Or by attractive are we talking "GPU-pretty"? :???:

...having said that, it looks like someone found one alright.

ceb18.jpg

MuFu said:
What was an attractive girl doing there in the first place?
I dont know, but surely she had her pick of any number of men who could never hope to please her:LOL:

micron said:
I dont know, but surely she had her pick of any number of men who could never hope to please her:LOL:
I love triumph. :)

edit:
Unbelievable! Look, among all the nerds I found an actual girl here. Not too shabby around here, huh honey, the male-female ration. Yeah, I mean, you have the veritable pick of the litter, you can choose from all kinds of guys who have no idea how to please you.
hehe.

geo said:
No, it's mortgages, car payments, and career advancement. Add alcohol and a girl, and it can be a pretty explosive mix. . .
The only thing you mentioned that was relevant was alcohol. That I can believe, though is something I would expect to happen in highschool.

Hmm, not sure a Scot of Polish extraction would want to be called an Englishman anyway! The famous story in science fiction fandom is that a Star Trek audience once booed Gene Roddenberry for saying he was happy to be in England to address them (in Edinborough. . . :p ).

Back