Jedi Knight 2 : Jedi Outcast

Discussion in 'Beyond3D News' started by Reverend, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Reverend

Banned

The game looks rather unspectacular in my opinion but then that is not unexpected given that it's a Quake3-engine game and we've all grown all too familiar with Q3-engine games.

I did some quick benchmarks using the game's included demo. The following are all with every graphics option in the game set to the absolute max, all has 4xAA and 8x Aniso on my AMD XP2000+/256MB DDR/VisionTek GeForce4 Ti4600 :

640x480x32 : 78.2 fps
    1024x768x32 : 66.5 fps
    1600x1200x32 : 27.9 fps

Here's an image of the benchmark run :

[​IMG]

NOTE that the above screenshot does not have any AA nor anisotropic filtering, unlike the benchmarking I did

2. Randell

Randell Senior Daddy
    Veteran

theres nothing new but its looks OK imo with textures and geometry maxed out and reasonable models. The single player game is solid IMO and the multiplayer has everything you could want from a Star Wars Jedi based game, ie. decent sabres and force powers. Duel mode, bots to practise against, classic Star Wars map locations, Death Star, Bespin, Carbon chamber etc.

my benches on an Athlon XP1600, RAdeon8500LE, 2x Quality SV, 16xaniso, Texture Compression on

1024x768x32 = 61.9fps

3. Anonymous

Veteran

I think the SP could be better if the lasers travelled faster. In jk1 they travelled much faster and you couldn't run around an enemy 1m from them and still not get hit like in outcast.

MP is very good though.

Both are unfortunately very cpu heavy. My 1GHz tbird struggles to keep up with lots of people on screen. :(

4. Bambers

Regular

Erk forgot to login again. :-?

I can't actually get the timedemo to run on my machine. I can only load one level with details on max. Second level I will freeze on 'Awaiting Snapshot'.

5. Anonymous

Veteran

why do people say that this game doesnt look good?
    Are they insane? it looks friggin awesome - first class

dont listen to em!