JC on iOS Rage, what it is versus what it could be

I actually think RTS games would lend themselves well to touch controls. It might require a pen for pin point accuracy and with that I can imagine it being done without too much compromise to gameplay. It would be cool to see if Blizzard could port Warcraft II/III or Starcraft to a phone with touch controls.

I actually think RTS games would lend themselves well to touch controls. It might require a pen for pin point accuracy and with that I can imagine it being done without too much compromise to gameplay. It would be cool to see if Blizzard could port Warcraft II/III or Starcraft to a phone with touch controls.

I read in some other forum how R.U.S.E. supports Sony's Move and how surprisingly well it worked (for at least one guy).
I don't follow move/kinect/wii input threads, but I assume Move is specially accurate?

There are a fair number of anecdotes about parents buying iPod Touches for kids under 10. There are educational and entertainment apps. for kids besides just games.

Presumably kids aren't complaining that they are getting a Touch instead of a DS.

It seems that when Nintendo introduced kids to touchscreen games via DS, games that required dedicated buttons/stick controls have become less of a must have for them on a portable. This in addition to the iPod Touch's size and multiple game storage convenience is likely one of the many reasons why kids are attracted to the iPhones/iPods.

Here's a game I play on my iPhone that controls/plays similar to a RTS game. There are already quite a few RTS games for iDevices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back