JC on iOS Rage, what it is versus what it could be

Discussion in 'Mobile Software' started by Richard, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Sonic

Sonic Senior Member
    Veteran

I actually think RTS games would lend themselves well to touch controls. It might require a pen for pin point accuracy and with that I can imagine it being done without too much compromise to gameplay. It would be cool to see if Blizzard could port Warcraft II/III or Starcraft to a phone with touch controls.

2. Karoshi

Newcomer

I read in some other forum how R.U.S.E. supports Sony's Move and how surprisingly well it worked (for at least one guy).
    I don't follow move/kinect/wii input threads, but I assume Move is specially accurate?

3. RudeCurve

Banned

It seems that when Nintendo introduced kids to touchscreen games via DS, games that required dedicated buttons/stick controls have become less of a must have for them on a portable. This in addition to the iPod Touch's size and multiple game storage convenience is likely one of the many reasons why kids are attracted to the iPhones/iPods.

Here's a game I play on my iPhone that controls/plays similar to a RTS game. There are already quite a few RTS games for iDevices.

#43 RudeCurve, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2011