Japan Lining Up For... Blue Dragon

Hardknock

Veteran
15500_n20061207_02_bd03.jpg

15500_n20061207_02_bd04.jpg

:oops:

That picture might have... half of all the people in Japan that bought a 360!

Kidding aside, I've heard MS's goal is 200K copies in Japan. I'll be interested to see how close they come to that goal, and how long it takes.

wait, how many 360s have been sold :?:

Is the second photo a photo of the other line you can see through the doors in the first photo?

Good to see :)

Hardknock I swear you are the MS press-boy of the forum. :p

That is surprising/telling though - the game is definitely the game for 360 in Japan. A lot of what pertains to it's eventual fate there will be gleaned from the retrospective a month from now.

^_^ congrats Microsoft. Way to go ! Now everyone has to work harder.

(I'm waiting for my Linux to finish install on the you-know-what)

I suppose this is MS's greatest chance and it seems to me they're putting a lot into it. Simultaneous launch of Core Xbox360 and Blue Dragon is bound to generate some interest. BTW, that huge sign at the head of the line says "Xbox 360 Core System" and in smaller letters "Blue Dragon" in barely legible font size.

I suppose this is MS's greatest chance and it seems to me they're putting a lot into it. Simultaneous launch of Core Xbox360 and Blue Dragon is bound to generate some interest. BTW, that huge sign at the head of the line says "Xbox 360 Core System" and in smaller letters "Blue Dragon" in barely legible font size.

It's the Blue Dragon Core pack that sells for $250. I don't think you can find regular core packs at all anymore in Japan.

At that price, it's basically competitive with the Wii as far as price. Plus a free game. Still, I'm not expecting huge response to this. Considering both the PS3 and Wii are out now it's going to be very hard to convince Japanese people to buy that "budget forigen alternative" over Japanese brands.

I believe there was about 165k 360's sold in Japan, since the last sales data upto mid-October. Add another 7k to that for mid-November estimates (does not include BD preorder bundle).

If the initial preorder estimates for the Blue Dragon Bundle were anywhere near being true, the 360 is going to get a huge boost in numbers, and maybe catch the eyes of more and more consumers.

This is definitely good news. It shows us that if Microsoft gets the right games for the 360 in Japan then it will generate interest. If the sales spike up because of this game then it is also good, as it may end up showing other Japanese devs that their games can be sold on the 360 and that it is a viable platform. We shall see how the sales go in some time, but this is exciting news for Microsoft. It might not have any sort of long term effect, but at least there is evidence that a game that catches the gaming public's interest can do well on the 360.

It's the Blue Dragon Core pack that sells for $250. I don't think you can find regular core packs at all anymore in Japan.

I see. I couldn't read anything else from that picture so I will have to take your word for it.

At that price, it's basically competitive with the Wii as far as price. Plus a free game. Still, I'm not expecting huge response to this. Considering both the PS3 and Wii are out now it's going to be very hard to convince Japanese people to buy that "budget forigen alternative" over Japanese brands.

Wii will see (sorry I just had to :cry: ). I have to say though that this does make me think a little about getting a Xbox360. If Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest and GT make it onto the system then I'm sold. From experience, I think in general the Japanese way is to play it safe, with small changes here and there. Xbox360 still has a long way to go in that respect I think.

Different markets require different interests. I'm glad to see Microsoft adapting to a market instead of the other way around. I'm not going to get too excited however I'd rather see the long term ramifications.

:oops: thats alot of 360's(2nd pic) and nice Blue Dragon box :smile:

So is Blue Dragon bundled with the Core X360 or its just a picture on a normal core 360?

I believe there was about 165k 360's sold in Japan, since the last sales data upto mid-October. Add another 7k to that for mid-November estimates (does not include BD preorder bundle).

In the past 4 weeks they've sold about 20k, so they're actually just around 190k sold now.

All in all, I think this is fantastic.

I would love to see the market shares have more parody then previos years in all territories. That will bode well for us customers and the following generation of vonsoles.

I see. I couldn't read anything else from that picture so I will have to take your word for it.

Wii will see (sorry I just had to :cry: ). I have to say though that this does make me think a little about getting a Xbox360. If Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest and GT make it onto the system then I'm sold. From experience, I think in general the Japanese way is to play it safe, with small changes here and there. Xbox360 still has a long way to go in that respect I think.

GT? As in Gran Turismo, the Sony game? Somehow, i don't see that going to MS... Just a feeling...

If 360 gets FF, a lot more would follow and i would be right there in the queue to buy one. Of course i'd wait for the SKU with HDMI, which shouldn't be too far off.

GT? As in Gran Turismo, the Sony game? Somehow, i don't see that going to MS... Just a feeling...

If 360 gets FF, a lot more would follow and i would be right there in the queue to buy one. Of course i'd wait for the SKU with HDMI, which shouldn't be too far off.

Don't you have a 360? Or am I mistaking you with Guden? Hrmm.

Back