Jade Raymond + Amy Hennig = Studio for open-world Star Wars game

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
Hmm well whatever. Not a fan of Assassin's Creed, and Visceral's sequels to Dead Space were not so hot. We will see...

What about Amy Hennig's Uncharted and Legacy of Kain storywriting?

I don't know those well enough to say. A good story can certainly make a game though.
Legacy of Kain was top-notch universe / storywise, IMHO. I'm still sad that that particular franchise appears to have died off, and the story didn't get more extensive closure.

Yep, played 3 times non-stop 100% speedrun playthroughs for friends (without Blood Omen 1/2 though), after playing it a couple of times just by myself. Still #1 on my list.
I think it got a better closure than expected after Soul Reaver 2. And after getting to know Lost Worlds, I was just speechless.

What about Amy Hennig's Uncharted and Legacy of Kain storywriting?
Amy Hennig was not the only writer on the Uncharted games, the first two game's writers also included Neil Druckmann (better known for writing the story in The Last of Us) and Joel Scherr. Uncharted 3, which I think most fans agree was naff story-wise, was just Amy and Joel.

I'd like a Star Wars game with a Sith Apprentice like Nathan Drake and a Sith Lord like Sully. You an fly around the galaxy shooting rebels and getting into all sorts of crazy scrapes while Sith Sully tells you about all the brothels he visited and complains a lot about being shot at all. Then people can stop banging on about the death count because.. SITH! :yep2:

I don't know those well enough to say. A good story can certainly make a game though.

If the game is rubbish, the story won't matter because few will play it through to experience it. A good story is the icing on the cake if the game is good, though.