Itsy-bitsy gaming PC

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
Yeah, I'm going to have finally upgrade my Windows 8.1 install on my desktop soon which makes me incredibly sad. But at least I'm somewhat used to the back-assward way that Windows 10 does some things in comparison. Wish I could keep most of the UI and some other things from Windows 8.1 while getting most of the other things from Windows 10. First time ever that I've not wanted to upgrade to a newer version of Windows.

Regards,
SB

I've started doing some component testing and happily the Geforce card and my TV will operate natively in 4K at both 50Hz and 60Hz. I know this is how it's supposed to work but lots of TVs use interpolation rather than having native adaptive frequencies. Well done, Sony.

This is goods news as it means a few of the games that I have that don't quite manage a solid 60fps at 4K I can now run at 50Hz with vsync or software frame limiters. Lowering settings be damned.

Huzzah for technology actually working. :yep2:

This is goods news as it means a few of the games that I have that don't quite manage a solid 60fps at 4K I can now run at 50Hz with vsync or software frame limiters. Lowering settings be damned.

That's a nice bit of a compromise since you can't get adaptive sync on TVs yet. Not to mention that Nvidia won't support it until they can no longer rely on Gsync being a cash cow for them.

Regards,
SB

That's a nice bit of a compromise since you can't get adaptive sync on TVs yet. Not to mention that Nvidia won't support it until they can no longer rely on Gsync being a cash cow for them.

I've now managed to get stable 24hz (using Riva Turner), 30Hz, 50Hz and 60Hz at 4K.

24Hz is clearly the way to go as this is more cinematic! :nope:

Back