It's now 3:38AM and I'm still waiting for Half Life 2

You'll be awake quite a while... it won't be unlocked for another four days. You'll have to hold your eyelids open with toothpicks. :oops:

digitalwanderer said:
Any minute now Kruno, any minute now...don't fall asleep and miss the early unlocking! :oops:

The earliest I can get it is on 17th 10am if lucky. Latest around 2pm 17th.

Half-life2, the game.

See, the whole "pre-load thingy" was (and is) that you can download about 99.9% of HL2....but it is all encrypted and missing a few bits so it is VERY hard to figure out how to open it.

The "unlocking" is when Valve starts to allow users to "activate" their copies of HL2 thru Steam, that will "unlock" the encrypted game data on your hard-drive and from then on you will be able to play Half-life2 without connecting to the internet.

Same thing with the retail package apparently, it's just the encrypted game data like the pre-load and it needs unlocking which ain't going to happen until Valve says so.

london-boy said:
No, really, unlock what?

When you get HL2, you have to create a Steam account to validate your CD key, and you get a keyfile sent to your PC that you can use for future unlocking if you need to reinstall. No Steam account, no key, no unlocking, HL2 no worky-worky. Yes, even if you only want to play the single player game off your shop bought CD/DVD.

bah! should have just baught EQ2... it looks almost as good, and has better water effects! oh yeah... and it's been out for 5 days! 8)

digitalwanderer said:
nutball said:
That's.... going to cause some chuntering.
Yes, I believe it will cause some serious chuntering....conditional on just one thing, what does "chuntering" mean? :|

to complain, especially in a low voice

digitalwanderer said:
"rumble-rumble-rumble, mutiny-mutiny-mutiny"

Like that? :|

well, more like the water that ripples in 3 dimensions (actual geometry, not just fancy PS shader) when I'm plaing EQ2 on my 6800... subtle, but with a large impact on the overal experience. ;)

It's not unlocked, or well, not according to steampowered.com anyway. Just checked, unless the status changed in the last 5 minutes or so.

Back