It's fun time again. Is Yosuke Hayashi cocky?

homy

Banned
One of the best ways to do that was to have a game that runs at a 1080p with a constant 60 fps, and utilizes real-time self-shadowing. No other game as accomplished all three of these goals at once.

The developers that say it's too hard to develop for and complain about it are missing the point. It sounds like an excuse to the consumer to us.
here are a lot of people out there that bought the PS3, and it's not a question of whether it's easy or hard. If your going to do a project you have to do the best you can. It's like if you bought a CD and it sounded bad and the singer said it was because the studio and the engineer were no good. Ultimately it's up to that person to make sure they have the quality that's needed. Look at what were able to do and the quality we are able to achieve and that speaks for it self. I think people will be satisfied with what we were able to do. If we can do it then other people will be able to do it as well.

There are games I'm looking forward to, and one is Heavenly Sword. I haven't played it so I have no idea how it works as a game, but it has visuals that make you want to play it. It stimulates us to work harder to be able to take that game on when it comes out and I hope our game doesn't disappoint gamers.

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=107423

This guy is the one once said Ninja Gaiden Sigma is the best looking action game on the planet when it comes out.
He still gave props to Heavenly Sword. nAo and DeanC now got some respects even from a very cocky guy. You should be proud of yourself guys.
He said his game is the only one that supports 1080p, self shadowing and 60 fps in the industry. Is that true? He once said his game supports 720p max and now its 1080p. There must be a mis-interpretation. Ok, suppose it is 720p, self-shadowing and 60fps, is it the first game ever?

VF5, 720p @ 60fps with self shadows? :???:

That's two out of three ... But actually, Tekken 5 : DR has self-shadowing, 1080p and 60fps. GT HD ditto, right?

But I guess for now he means within the same genre.

From the videos that I've seen this guy should definitely be proud of his work. It's fluid and the models are near cg quality...for what it is. I guess you save a lot of processing power by making all the objects smooth and plasticky looking. Maybe it's simply Tecmo's artistic preference.

From the videos that I've seen this guy should definitely be proud of his work. It's fluid and the models are near cg quality...for what it is. I guess you save a lot of processing power by making all the objects smooth and plasticky looking. Maybe it's simply Tecmo's artistic preference.

For their art preference, check out their cgi cut scenes. I think they are doing a great job this gen of gunning for their goal and coming close.

Itigaki is the man when it comes to mastering a system and getting the most out of it and his protege seems to be following closely in his foot steps. :cool:

But yeah, regarding his statement about 1080p @60fps w/ selfshadow ... vt3. Then again, this is a remarkable achievement when comparing these two games head to head. ;)

I acutally liked his interview. The only cocky part for me was the "were the first to do 1080p/60fps/ss" part, but other than that, the rest of the interview was cool(to say the least)

Itigaki is the man when it comes to mastering a system and getting the most out of it and his protege seems to be following closely in his foot steps. :cool:

But yeah, regarding his statement about 1080p @60fps w/ selfshadow ... vt3. Then again, this is a remarkable achievement when comparing these two games head to head. ;)

Itagaki is working on NG2... and he's not even the one in the interview here. ;)

I like what he said to the PS3 developers: Stop whining, show me what you can do.

yep

Itagaki said basicly the same thing at e3 2005. But he didn't limit it to ps3 devs. He was aiming at all j-devs! :LOL:

Those Team Ninja guys are cocky as anyone, but they back it up with top notch product (unlike some cocky guys who seem to fall short ...)

That's two out of three ... But actually, Tekken 5 : DR has self-shadowing, 1080p and 60fps. GT HD ditto, right?

But I guess for now he means within the same genre.

Tekken 5 on the ps3 uses ps2 assets. I woulnd't say that counts. It's not hard to upscale to 1080p when you are using assets based on last generation.

Tekken 5 on the ps3 looks almost the same as the ps2 version on an sd tv.

And yes Team Ninja's cockiness is deserved. They always get the most out of the hardware they work on. I hope they try their hand at a Wii game.

Didn't Team Ninja handle the port of DOA2:Hardcore for the PS2?

Personally, I think Team Ninja is run by a bunch of teenagers. They didn't create THAT much that gives them the right to slam all the developers out there.....what is the point of that anyway? Let your game speak for itself and you don't have to resort to such childish tactics.

Didn't Team Ninja handle the port of DOA2:Hardcore for the PS2?

Personally, I think Team Ninja is run by a bunch of teenagers. They didn't create THAT much that gives them the right to slam all the developers out there.....what is the point of that anyway? Let your game speak for itself and you don't have to resort to such childish tactics.

Well he didn't slam all developers, just took a dig at those who had been making a big deal about it & whinging to the press about the difficulties of PS3 development (which in actual fact is only very few.. The idea itself of PS3 development difficulties arose and was exaggerrated exponentially by the press themselves and industry enthusiasts with little to no technical knowledge whatsoever..)

I think he does kind of have a point though.. Especially with regards to developers with a PS2 background..

If his team whom spent that last couple of years developing on the xbox platforms can adaquately handle the complexities and intricacies of the PS3 architecture without severe complaint then i can understand his distaste for the attitudes of those whom have been much more intimate with Sony hardware in the past..

He does come off a bit cocky but then he's just being vocal about his oppinions which I certainly agree with..

Engineers who develop operating systems and operational control systems for nuclear reactors don't complain to the press about how their job is so hard because they know full-well that they are not only trained to deal with it, but they will eventually and inevitably conquer such challenges which make up the fundamental nature of their professional field..

Just my 2 cents..

Hayashi is a young guy(about age 30).Itagaki says he is on the same age where he made DOA2,and has lots of potential.

I think Ninja Gaiden Engine in Xbox performed incredibly well on that time,nice to see a yound developer put his talent on a great engine and makes its better.

No way to deny NG:S PS3 performs very well now,I think they have the proper performace to show their respect...;)

--
So...hope to see something aout Itagaki NG2 360,this guy says his latest project would always be 360 first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back