Is this forum eating posts?

Rolf N

Recurring Membmare
Veteran
A couple days ago I've posted a response in the VR thread in the console section which seems to have vanished off the face of the database. I remember it being quite insightful and eloquent ;)
I definitely submitted it. It showed up in the thread, and later I edited it to include another response to another post, which showed up too.

Anyone else had posts missing lately?

Is this a sign from an otherworldly deity?

edit: fuuuuuu, should have been in Site feedback.

The otherworldly deities were not pleased with the prescription optics discussion or items already covered ... and trying to keep a higher signal to noise ratio.

The otherworldly deities were not pleased with the prescription optics discussion or items already covered ... and trying to keep a higher signal to noise ratio.
I was wondering that myself, but then I saw that parts of that particular discussion were still there.

All clear now in any case, thanks.

I'm afraid your post was collateral damage. It came late in the discussion when the whole issue of accomodating eye-correction in VR goggles had already been explained by MfA, who was getting most irrate that his thread was being so sidetracked by insignicant aspect that modern technology has solved. Not your fault; NeoTechni was being a prat and you addressed his post fairly. He's gone now, so no more derailing, and no more sensible but OT replies by sane people responding to his madness. Although sadly for MfA no-one really got his thread and it fizzled out (I was partly guilty too with my lack of VR goggle tech knowhow :( ).

Splash damage, happens to the best of us. Gotta be careful with the big guns Shifty, they can accidentally blast those you don't intend. :(

Stay strong bro, he'll recover. ;)

I'm afraid your post was collateral damage. It came late in the discussion when the whole issue of accomodating eye-correction in VR goggles had already been explained by MfA, who was getting most irrate that his thread was being so sidetracked by insignicant aspect that modern technology has solved. Not your fault; NeoTechni was being a prat and you addressed his post fairly. He's gone now, so no more derailing, and no more sensible but OT replies by sane people responding to his madness. Although sadly for MfA no-one really got his thread and it fizzled out (I was partly guilty too with my lack of VR goggle tech knowhow :( ).

I was wondering why NeoTechni was banned... I guess I have my answer(Because of his general behavior).

Lots of warnings as misdemeanors, bad attitude, and no evidence of improvement, plus general trouble holding intelligent discussion instead of inane discussion on bizarre tangents.

Back