is this for real? Vista SP1 = Vista XP

You're joking, right? :???:

Or did the last line "If people complain too much, we'll just go back to Windows ME" not throw you either? Or maybe the Related News for Microsoft purchasing Evil from Satan? Or the Windows 'Seven' reference?

You're joking, right? :???:

Or did the last line "If people complain too much, we'll just go back to Windows ME" not throw you either? Or maybe the Related News for Microsoft purchasing Evil from Satan? Or the Windows 'Seven' reference?

well i thought the "windows me" thing was snarky. missed the rest, but maybe there was still some truth to it, just presented in a snarky fashion by a snarky journalist.

Yeah, or maybe it's a wholly fabricated piece since no software developer on the face of this green earth has ever issued an "upgrade" which reverts you to a completely prior version. How would they even pull off such a task? The directory structures aren't the same, the registry structures aren't the same, the drivers aren't the same...

Getting the idea yet?

well i thought the "windows me" thing was snarky. missed the rest, but maybe there was still some truth to it, just presented in a snarky fashion by a snarky journalist.
The next time you level up, do put some points into 'Satire Detection'. If you lack the prerequisite stats, buy a detector and keep fresh batteries handy at all times... :LOL:

The next time you level up, do put some points into 'Satire Detection'. If you lack the prerequisite stats, buy a detector and keep fresh batteries handy at all times... :LOL:

yeah well, don't you ever fall into the abyss? i think, it was partially wishful thinking on my part (dx10 without vista hog sucking on my GPU teet), that, and i didn't read the article very carefully (on detecting windows me) thing.

i had no problems with ME either BTW.

okay, apologies all.

ME did not allow you to boot straight to DOS. that was fixed with some small 3rd party patch.. but it continued overwriting my modified config.sys and autoexec.bat with the default, almost blank ones.
This is the biggest issue I had with ME. Win9X was the best DOS gaming platform, why prevent me from running games that require EMS and/or a big amount of conventional memory?

I recently read on wikipedia that ME had a hack to go around the 64K limitation for GDI (and user) resources which was my biggest win98 issue. And, it had USB mass storage driver. that could have been a semi useful OS for a minority of DOS geeks!

Back