Is this bad? Bit of a bulge on my Pixel 3xl.

I never think of warranties! I'm just not built that way.
Thanks again G, really appreciate the advice as it's turning out great. I'm chatting with t-mobile now and they're sending me out a sim for my S7 edge to use while waiting for my Pixel to be exchanged.
Shocking how well things work out when you're pleasant and patient with tech support, it surprises them and throws their guard off. ;)

Reactions: Geo
T-mobile is sending me a sim so I can use my daughter's old S7 Edge while Pixey goes to Google to become Pixey II. Everything was right in the universe this morning, then an f-ing cop pulled me over 1-1/2 blocks from my house and accused me of going 37mph in a 25mph zone.

Two town cops and a county cop came out for it which cracked me up as much as it angered me. I was driving my wife's Renegade with its mighty 1.3l turbo, it physically can't get to 37mph in the space before I encountered the cop! After a 20 minute wait he told me what he pulled me over for and I immediately asked to see his speed gun. He then admitted he had approximated it, but it was just a warning and did I really want to escalate it at this point?

It was a long minute and 23 seconds, but in the end I decided to just shut up and take a warning. I was gonna explode at him because he was full of shit, but he's right that I wouldn't gain anything by doing so and would only make things worse. Now I'm stuck with a big mad on and a renewed disgust of the police.

Sorry for the rant about the cops, I was furious. I shouldn't have been, they were just doing their job and they probably thought I was an old white Trump supporter since there are too many of them around here. Didn't mean to derail my own thread.

Google just sent me the RMA slip and mailing label, I have 14 days to mail it out to them. Just waiting for the sim to get here then I'll ship her out. :)

Sorry for the rant about the cops, I was furious. I shouldn't have been, they were just doing their job and they probably thought I was an old white Trump supporter since there are too many of them around here. Didn't mean to derail my own thread.
Yes, you shouldn't have been IMO. Some of the time they're using speed as a reason to pull someone over and do a real determination if there's anything else going on. They're just doing their job and these activities allow them to catch some real nasty people sometimes and get them and their drugs and weapons off the streets. There's zero reason to be disgusted with them, because they inconvenienced you for a bit?

Yes, you shouldn't have been IMO. Some of the time they're using speed as a reason to pull someone over and do a real determination if there's anything else going on. They're just doing their job and these activities allow them to catch some real nasty people sometimes and get them and their drugs and weapons off the streets. There's zero reason to be disgusted with them, because they inconvenienced you for a bit?
Except I wasn't speeding, so they're just making up reasons to pull people over to "do a real determination if there's anything else going on" is the motoring equivalent of stop and frisk? If so then I take back anything I said cops being decent in anyway. :yep2:

Except I wasn't speeding, so they're just making up reasons to pull people over to "do a real determination if there's anything else going on" is the motoring equivalent of stop and frisk? If so then I take back anything I said cops being decent in anyway. :yep2:
Maybe you look sketchy :LOL:

I'm not quite sure what "VoLTE" is, but I loathe it fiercely right now. Tried to switch service to my S7, T-mobile now says it won't work on their network. So I tried my HTC M8, but it was always in roaming mode since VoLTE isn't enabled on it.
It's capable of using VoLTE, but it needs a firmware/manufacturer update and I'm getting all f-ing confused looking at them. I got 12 days to get my Pixel to Google and I got 4 phones on my desk I'm frantically researching about after a pleasant hour and a half chatting with a T-mobile person. (Not sarcasm, T-mobile and Google have both been very nice to chat with and they seem to love chatting with me since I've done phone support and I try really hard not to be an asshole)

I is aggravated, if anyone understands this better please let me know. I'm waiting for my daughter to unlock her old Galaxy Note 3 to see if it supports it. I just need it for a week and a half, but I can't imagine how much harder life would be without a phone for a week and a half. :/

Tried to switch service to my S7, T-mobile now says it won't work on their network. So I tried my HTC M8, but it was always in roaming mode since VoLTE isn't enabled on it.
That is bizarre. Over here, operator locked phones really never existed but that sounds like some serious bs.
Requiring VoLTE also sounds like they are cheapskating on radio bandwidth.
I thought Americans being shafted by telecom companies was over, sorry to hear I was wrong.

OMG is t-mobile awful! I've been getting nothing but run arounds and lies from them! Every time I contact tech support they make me repeat EVERYTHING!
Gods am I annoyed, does Google do phone service? How is Verizon? We've been with t-mobile for too long. I was happy with Sprint for 14 years, t-mobile took it over and now I can't stand it.

I'm still chatting with them. They advanced me from customer support to tech support, and they've elevated me 5 times now and each time they have to read the log and review it and i'm going a bit nutso here! :/

Utter failure, no success. T-mobile is basically telling me how they told me the wrong thing and they're real sorry but do I want to upgrade to a Pixel 6?

I'm switching providers to Google, that was enough.

I loved my Pixel 2 & my Pixel 4a 5g, but evidently the latter didn't like a little rain last week. It complained of water in the USB port & promptly disabled it. I shook out any water & dried out the port & it said it didn't detect anymore water & re-enabled the port. Never stopped working. Went to bed & put it on charge. It's alarm woke me up in the morning. But the second I dropped it on the bathroom floor it died. It even had a decent case on it 😟

As I'm Cricket Wireless(haven't used contracts in 20 years), Google phones are not 100% supported. So I didn't get support for hotspot. So instead of waiting on days for a replacement to come in from eBay I just decided to buy a cheap phone from the Cricket store while on lunch break. I got a Motorola Moto G 5g. Like it so far. Pretty close to stock Android 12, much better than Samsung(wife has one). I now have hotspot support & bought a much better case to keep out the water. 😂 Hopefully this one lasts a little longer, but if not I now have insurance. LOL

Btw, my T-Mobile & Sprint coverage has never been great here. It was always better to be on AT&T or Verizon towers. Wish you luck on Google's service. Heard it's pretty good. Keep us updated on your experience.

Tommy McClain

So we're paying $238/mos for 4 lines and two phone payments to T-mobile. The buyout for the remaining phones is $591.52. (All dollars are US dollars, sorry). If we paid off the phones and stayed with Sprint/T-mobile it'd be $200/mos, for Google it's $160/mos for their best unlimited everything plan that's pretty identical to T-mobile. No advertised cap, but after 50GB/mos they can reduce your speed to 256Kb/s for the rest of the time. T-mobile has the same thing even though I wasn't aware of it until I started shopping around, no where has true unlimited.
But I don't really need unlimited, and I fucking hate Sprint/T-mobile now. Just gave the numbers to my wife to let her brain chew on 'em for a bit, next up will be switching and probably just going wifi calling/texting while my Pixel is being replaced.

Sorry I didn't update for a few days, I really had to walk away from it until I could get my brain to be reasonable about it again. I went and replaced the brakes on my little sister's 2016 Solara that has been rusting in the driveway for a year and it felt great compare to the unproductive days of dealing with t-mobile.

And as of today I have 6 days to get my phone to Google to get a free replacement. No pressures, no worries. LOL

Do you have Comcast internet there? The Xfinity Mobile service is very cheap and uses the Verizon network. Had good experience so far over the last couple of years with them and saved a shit load compared to Verizon.

Yeah, never thought of that. Thanks!

We do have Comcast, they're the best for internet around. We pay too much for unlimited, but it's well worth it. I will look in to it, thank you again.

Mailed out Pixey just a bit ago, was crunching the deadline too hard for my liking. I currently have no working phone and am on chat with f-ing T-mobile again trying to enable wifi calling at least on the S7.

I hate this.

Google just sent me an e-mail, my new Pixel 3a XL will be here tomorrow.

It is HARD to go without a phone, it's sort of shocking me.

Google just sent me an e-mail, my new Pixel 3a XL will be here tomorrow.

It is HARD to go without a phone, it's sort of shocking me.

I've never had a modern day smart phone. The closest was work provided Blackberrys. I live by tablet(s) instead, just plain Wi-Fi, not even cellular connected.

Back