Is there any chance for getting more mods?

Hah! I'm already a self-appointed supermod here, it came with my village idiot title under the delusions of grandeur sub-clause. 8)

Adding more mods would be of a great help in many cases. Threads would be able to be locked when they get way out of hand and editing/deleting of posts not on topic would be able to be achieved with greater speed. Being a moderator of the console forum it does seem like things have calmed down a bit there since the past few months and from the time before it was closed. Moderators cannot directly ban members without the help of an admin such as Dave. I do suggest a possible way to ban members of a particular forum within the message board structure such as the 3d tech forum or the console forum but I do not know if that is possible with the forum software.

Neeyik said:
There is a simpler solution to this. Let us know by PMing somebody like myself - we can sort it out easily enough then.

Yes PM me if you want to report a thread or a post thats gone too far. I usally am stuck at work most of the day...but I work in front of a PC so its not that hard for me to help if needed.

jb said:
Neeyik said:
There is a simpler solution to this. Let us know by PMing somebody like myself - we can sort it out easily enough then.

Yes PM me if you want to report a thread or a post thats gone too far. I usally am stuck at work most of the day...but I work in front of a PC so its not that hard for me to help if needed.
No prob, ill pm you or JR. It's getting quite ridiculous out there, and im getting pissed off. :devilish:
later,
epic

epicstruggle said:
No prob, ill pm you or JR. It's getting quite ridiculous out there, and im getting pissed off. :devilish:
later,
epic

Don't let it get to you. Just check to see who's currently on the board and PM them.

I hate to break it to you mods.

In the past there were threads that involved a lot of flaming and nothing was done about it after I PM'd a mod/admin.

Reverend said:
epicstruggle said:
I dont think more mods will be added, but if some are, here is a _small_ list of people who would make good mods (in no particular order):

-RussSchultz
-Joe DeFuria
-Uttar
You're kidding with those names, right?

Hmmm...I could've sworn I made a post earlier in this thread that said "and Fuck you too, Rev!"

Where'd it go?

Reverend said:
Yeah, I saw it too Joe. Presumably one of the guys didn't think it was funny (which I did)!

I consider blowing into a condom 3x a day over a period of 7 days and showing it to people in public hilarious but I'm sure you would be disgusted by it.

K.I.L.E.R said:
Reverend said:
Yeah, I saw it too Joe. Presumably one of the guys didn't think it was funny (which I did)!

I consider blowing into a condom 3x a day over a period of 7 days and showing it to people in public hilarious but I'm sure you would be disgusted by it.
A fresh condom or a used one? :|

Sorry to be an utter dullard but I presume everyone is done with the topic, yes? *Cough* Hint, hint

I'd prefer not to lock it because the issue is still worth discussing. B3D has managed to resist your average spong-head from spamming away like mad due to the high brow nature of most of the posts. However, as the general public becomes more aware of terms such as shaders, pipelines and the like, such people are going to feel less reticent about making posts here.

People only post shite if they think they can get away with it. For example, some of the more "serious" forums/list servers I use for work never gets spam and I've hardly ever seen a heated discussion. In some ways, they self-monitor by the very nature of the material in the posts. Moderation, under the rare circumstances when it's been needed, has always been swift and pretty harsh - ie. warnings are immediately sent.

Of course, these forums of mine are nowhere near as popular as B3D - nor do they live in a realm where people get ridiculously excitable over another's comments; the Net is a great mask for people to hide behind and it's often curiously addictive to watch threads spiral out of control, with insults a go-go. I have to confess that I believe the RPSC forum is a prime example of this, where little is actually discussed - the general content of the threads consists of people insulting another for various reasons (their opinion, their unwilling to agree to somebody else's opinion, the way they type, etc). Let's be honest - how many times have you seen somebody repeatedly state an opinion but then, after multiple replies, change their opinion to match the others? I've seen people admit mistakes or acknowledge corrections but not once (or certainly not here anyway) have I seen a forum user being "converted". So why on Earth do people even try? ;)

Back