Is sky diving for my birthday a good way to get over my fear of heights?

bloodbob

Trollipop
Veteran
I'm annoyed at my lack of control over my motions ( oh to be a machine ) so I was thinking of going sky diving for my 26th birthday for something I won't forget mind over emtions. Does anyone think this is a good idea?

It sounds like a good idea, it will give you great memories to. Alternatively you can do bungee jump with some professionals or similar. Although if I where you sky diving would be my choice. Remember fly like an eagle and dont forget to release the parashoot out at safe height!!!

I'm annoyed at my lack of control over my motions ( oh to be a machine ) so I was thinking of going sky diving for my 26th birthday for something I won't forget mind over emtions. Does anyone think this is a good idea?

Depends if the chute opens or not I expect. ;)

I've never done a parachute jump but did a Bungee which was a great experience - a real adrenaline rush afterwards.

I did that. :) Fear of heights and tried sky diving a year and half ago. If i think about it, I can still feel the fear build up. Its really unbelievable how scary it is. I recommend it, but just keep in mind that it wont get rid of your fear of heights, at least it didnt for me.

Just be sure to do a tandem jump. That way you basically do nothing and are along for the ride only.

The person that's in control usually has thousands of jumps under their belt and can handle anything that might pop up problem wise.

With that in mind, he's going to want to keep himself just as safe as the guy strapped to him (you in this case).

Perhaps a better way of trying to get rid of your fear of heights would be to take up Rock Climbing.
I think that given with a parachute jump you will have that one moment of fear which you will overcome to do the jump, but will still be left with a general fear of heights. I think you basically need to acustom yourself to heights over a long period, which climbing will allow.

CC

Back