IS PS3 Being more powerful then 360 a fact?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna stick out my cheek here and write the following.

PS3 > Xbox 360
Sega Saturn > PS1

The thing the PS3 and Sega Saturn have in common is they both are complex system that requires extra work to really take advantage of the hardware. PS1 and Xbox 360 are more developer friendly and less complex systems to work with. Somewhere among all the threads here there is an interview with a "developer" from DICE (from 2016 or 2017) and he confirms that the PS3 in reality is more powerful then the 360. He even said that he missed the SPU:s in this new genereation we have now.

Some people will use multiplatform games as a messurement to power. But in reality it comes down to main platform target, time, money, priority etc. etc. I would personally would have loved that the PS3 would haved used 2 Cell processors without any GPU as that was the original design. But that would have been a programming mess when porting games among different hardware.

All those mentioned machines have their own + or - so in the end it maybe all comes down to peoples preferences. The people that believes that the 360 is more power will continue to do that and vice versa...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back