Is Pilotwings for GC coming?

Rumours I've heard for a while now suggest that Pilot Wings has moved to next gen. Strangely enough so have Factor 5..

Doesn't mean there's a connection though.

Well we had already heard rumours that Factor 5 were doing the new Pilot Wings game. Then the rumour is that Pilot Wings is moving to next gen. Then a few months later Factor 5 come out officially and say they are moving to next gen. Make of it what you will, I didn't say it meant anything :)

There's rumors Elvis has been sighted alive and well too, Teasy. ;)

Basing assumptions on rumors is usually a bad move. I wouldn't even assume F5 is making any more Nintendo games until they themselves confirm they actually are, much less assume one of the games they are working on right now is a pilotwings title for Nintendo's next-gen platform. That's just stretching things a LITTLE too far...

overclocked

The Factor 5 Pilot Wings rumour was quite strong AFAIR. But the Pilot Wings moving to next gen wasn't such a strong rumour. Factor 5 have gone over to next gen for sure, but I suppose Pilot Wings could have been given to another development team... so no its far from set in stone.

Teasy wouldn´t you think that with F5 "awesome" gfx tech and the gameplay by Nintendo a Pilotwings GC atleast for me would have been :oops: Oh and for you to also.. ;)

Guden Oden

Erm did you get up on the wrong side of the bed today or something? I didn't make any assumptions. I mentioned the relivant rumours and facts that I've heard on this subject and left it for everyone to make up there own minds.

Oh and there are many different levels of rumours. Linking the rumours I mentioned to the most far fetched rumour you can think of does not automatically make them far fetched ;)

Your not going to see a Pilotwings in GC, N5 if anything, as for the Factor 5 thing; I wouldn't deem it out of possibility.

Teasy said:
Erm did you get up on the wrong side of the bed today or something?

No, why?

I didn't make any assumptions.

Well it seems to me you're implying F5 is working on a new PW game for the next-gen Nintendo console, that's what I call making an assumption. Don't you?

I mentioned the relivant rumours and facts

There aren't any FACTS on this subject. What I've been able to understand all of it stems from someone saying something like, "wouldn't it be awesome if F5 did a new pilot wings game" or some such, and it all snowballed from there. There's not a shred of evidence to support they actually are doing this.

If you have more concrete indications, feel free to supply them...

Well because you keep saying that I'm making assumptions when I haven't made any.

Well it seems to me you're implying F5 is working on a new PW game for the next-gen Nintendo console, that's what I call making an assumption. Don't you?

To assume is to take something for granted. Something I have not done. All I've done is mention rumours I've heard that are relivant and implied that it could possibly be more then co-incidence. I certainly haven't taken it for granted that its true. In fact I already said earlier on that this is mostly just rumour and not to be taken as fact.

There aren't any FACTS on this subject.

Actually the fact I was speaking of is when I mentioned that Factor 5 have moved to next generation development.

P.S. The story about Factor 5 originally starting to develop Pilot Wings for GC was far more then someone just saying it would be a good idea. For instance, AFAIR the people at IGN seemed very sure about it. It was a very strong rumour (someone correct me if I'm mis-remembering). But as I said earlier, I have no idea wether Factor 5 are developing Pilot Wings on N5 ATM.. its just possible that's all.

Teasy said:
All I've done is mention rumours I've heard that are relivant and implied that it could possibly be more then co-incidence.

Alright then, if you say so. :)

Actually the fact I was speaking of is when I mentioned that Factor 5 have moved to next generation development.

But that is no more a FACT that F5 is making a new PW for N5 (how is that for 2-letter abbreviations, huh? :p ) than saying it is a fact god X created humans just because there are humans living on this planet. You're setting up a scenario based on circular reasoning...

For instance, AFAIR the people at IGN seemed very sure about it. It was a very strong rumour

Blaha blaha, strong schmong etc. :) Still not a shred of evidence. For all we know, F5 WAS making a PW and now they've broken all ties with Nintendo and the game will never be completed, or at least not by F5.

But that is no more a FACT that F5 is making a new PW for N5..... ect ect

I didn't say anything about it being a fact that Factor 5 are making a new Pilot Wings game for N5! Where do you get that idea from? I said that Factor 5 moving to next gen was a fact, that's all!

Blaha blaha, strong schmong etc. Still not a shred of evidence. For all we know, F5 WAS making a PW and now they've broken all ties with Nintendo and the game will never be completed, or at least not by F5.

It wasn't meant as evidence, I was just correcting what you said about the original Factor 5/Pilot Wings rumour, that's it, nothing else implied. I even said (right after the sentence you quoted):

"But as I said earlier, I have no idea wether Factor 5 are developing Pilot Wings on N5 ATM.. its just possible that's all."

Oh and I also already said something similar to what you just suggested:

Factor 5 have gone over to next gen for sure, but I suppose Pilot Wings could have been given to another development team... so no its far from set in stone

Once again, stop assuming that I'm trying to convince you that Factor 5 are making a Pilot Wings game for N5.

Teasy said:
I didn't say anything about it being a fact that Factor 5 are making a new Pilot Wings game for N5! Where do you get that idea from? I said that Factor 5 moving to next gen was a fact, that's all!

Do we know if it's next gen Nintendo hardware or other platforms?

Do we know if it's next gen Nintendo hardware or other platforms?

No we don't know for sure which next gen hardware Factor 5 will be working on. All that's known is that they're not developing anymore games on current generation hardware:

"When asked why Factor 5 had halted GC development Julian responded:

"It is simply because we have moved into next-generation development"

Seems like none of you remember Iwata at last year's E3 press conference practically confirming GameSpot and IGN's sources that Factor 5 is working on a project with them.

Back