Is nVidia now cheating with 3DMark03 and new drivers?

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by SpellSinger, Feb 15, 2003.

1. SpellSinger

Newcomer

nVidia is missing effects in 3DMark03 with new drivers.

Check out the thread at http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum...837817&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=1

I was an nVidia fan until this week! Bought a Radeon 9700 Pro on Friday and an very happy.

On my Ti4600 it looks like NV has the brass to not render the full scene, missing particle effects and explosions. ATI got crushed over Quack. Why is NV getting away with this??? :evil:

NV makes a great product but this is getting to be too much!

2. Tahir2

Veteran

They are not getting away with it as you can see for yourself.

3. tEd

tEd Casual Member
    Veteran

you mean we will see an dedicated article from a big site about this??

4. Tahir2

Veteran

If you mean that you will get an article at Anandtech or [H]ardOCP or THG then the best way to make that happen is if ATI step in, similar to what NVIDIA did behind-the-scenes. At this stage I do not think it is worthwhile for ATI to play a tit-for-tat game, do you?

5. tEd

tEd Casual Member
    Veteran

no of course not.

It's just funny that nvidia so can't handle this whole situation. I never see them talking so much bs,lies, spreading misinformation in such a short period.

I'm starting to loose my respect for this company , and think their word is not trustwhorthy anymore. Still there are alot of people/websites who taking nvidias word as fact with no question asked.

6. Doomtrooper

Veteran

Only the usual suspects...

7. demalion

Veteran

So...anyone check if there is a significant impact on GF 4 MX scores? EDIT: Oh, and after reading some discussion about GF 4 Ti performance increases, perhaps testing one of those types of cards with all the other Game Tests it supports, as well.

We might also want to keep the pre-glitch and first post-glitch drivers around to test on the nv31/34 parts when they come out.

8. SpellSinger

Newcomer

Where's the press? For ATI almost all sites ran something. The driver hack was a lot less obvious or intrusive than what nVidia is doing.

9. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

This is making a very big hen out of a quite small feather, IMO.

How much performance can be gained by not drawing tracer rounds and explosions, really? Not very much when compared to the rest of the game tests. If effects were missing in GT2 and 3 ALSO, then I'd be more than happy to complain, but this is just silly.

How could this NOT be anything but a bug?! I mean, it's not like people aren't going to notice all the explosions going missing all of a sudden!

That it appears the missing effects only happen in the game test, not CPU score says there's some faulty behavior happening in Nvidia's optimization routines. Surely anyone understands this.

*G*

10. duncan36

Newcomer

Well who has the 'new' drivers to play around with? Nobody has GF FX cards that they've bought thats for sure.
    I seriously doubt Nvidia will release drivers with the cards which purposefully cheat in 3dmak2003 as they'll get butchered in the press.
    Either way I dont get their logic, if they monkeyed with Kyles 'revised' drivers then people are going to be rather upset their card doesnt bench nearly as well.
    And if they release cheating drivers, plenty of people will be on top of it.