Is Chrome messing with anyone else's Bing searches?

I just noticed that Chrome on my system is no longer correctly doing searches on Bing.

For example, if I do a search for "impairment of goodwill".

In IE, it brings up search results as expected.

In Chrome, however, it's giving me "No results found for impairment of goodwill."

Is this happening for anyone else? I find this behavior extremely wierd. I originally thought perhaps I got some malware that was redirecting Bing to another site, but since it works correctly in IE, I can only assume the problem is in Chrome.

It does still do searches for things that are common like if I search for ESPN, for example. So the behavior is a bit odd. I hope it's an honest bug, and not Google deciding to arbitrarily limit Bing search results in their browsers (that'd be extremely bizarre).

Regards,
SB

You might want to clear your cookies and logout of any account (MS Account / Facebook) in that browser.

I once had similar issues with Firefox and the root cause was cleared up after I nuked all cookies for that browser.

Try it in an incognito window in Chrome, see if that helps.

No problems getting a list of results for "impairment of goodwill" on a site called 'Bing' in Chrome 38.0.2125.111 m here.

Yeah, I have no clue what was up with it. It just randomly started doing Bing searches correctly again. Of course, that has me just a little bit paranoid with using Chrome for searches now (I use both Bing and Google search).

Regards,
SB

Argh, for no edit. I forgot to add, it started to work again just before I tried out BRiT's suggestions. I was dreading having to put in all my passwords and stuff on forums again. :p

Regards,
SB

Back