Iron Harvest [XO, PS4, PC]

This looks amazing. I have no idea what the hell was going on the in trailer which makes me want to play it even more. :yes:

No way I'm playing a RTS on a console though.

I played the beta, and it seemed alright. You control squads of units, and healing the unit magically grows people who have disappeared. :D

I was kinda bummed at how long it was taking to get actual mech units, so I kinda stopped playing the beta. I was hoping it'd just be straight-up mech fighting.

V-sync didn't seem to be working properly as well.

Last edited:
Finally had the time to check this out.

It's a squad style RTS similar to Relic RTS games like Company of Heroes or the first Dawn of War. It also has similar mechanics (like retreat and resupply). So far, almost everything you expect in a Company of Heroes game is here.

Only a few missions in, but it's nice to play an RTS again, and I always did like the squad based approach that Relic (some other developers also used it, but can't remember them off-hand) used.

I'm liking it so far. I do wonder if there will be any base building in the game or not. Only like 3 mission in, so I have no idea if there is or not.

Regards,
SB

The character/world design reminds me of fallout, killzone, wolfenstein, resistance, and etc. All of which were already pretty unoriginal on their own. It's the re-hash of the re-hash of the re-hash. The nerdier the type of game, the less imaginative it usually is.

The character/world design reminds me of fallout, killzone, wolfenstein, resistance, and etc. All of which were already pretty unoriginal on their own. It's the re-hash of the re-hash of the re-hash. The nerdier the type of game, the less imaginative it usually is.

Not seeing that so far. It's basically been WWI soldiers and partisan (people in regular period clothing) soldiers with the occasional Steampunk inspired Mech. Then again I'm not that far into the game yet, so things may change.

Regards,
SB

Back