Ireland and Scotland, starting tomorrow at 13:50EST

Albuquerque

Red-headed step child
Veteran
The wife and I are heading out for a two week holiday in the land of the Irish, along with a few days spent across the channel in Scotland and a day or two on the Isle of Arrun.

If, for any reason, you want to see pictures of our escapades (doubtful, but you never know!) then you can follow us here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Albuquerquefx

The pictures from last year's three week Australia / New Zealand holiday are still there; we will just be adding to them as we go :) This will probably be our last big exciting international foray for a while, as kids are next on the radar along with a relocation to southern California.

General plan is as follows (no specific amount of time is set for each spot)

Fly into Shannon
Dingle peninsula
Kilkarney
Dublin
Belfast
Glasgow
Edinburgh
Isle of Arrun
Somewhere around Derry
Giant's Causeway
Cliffs of Mohar
Back to Shannon to catch the flight out

The wife and I are heading out for a two week holiday in the land of the Irish, along with a few days spent across the channel in Scotland and a day or two on the Isle of Arrun.

Ahem. Across the Irish Sea (the Channel is between England and France) and visiting the Isle of Arran. :p

I was a little disappointed with the Giant's Causeway myself (and wasn't at all keen on Northern Ireland as a whole) but I do like Edinburgh and Dublin is always a fun city to visit.

I'm sure you'll have a great time.

P.S. make sure you try some haggis in Scotland!

We ended up driving around some of the dodgier areas in Belfast and, to tell the truth, it scared the bejeezus out of me.

It's quite strange when you're driving along a street, turn a corner and are suddenly faced with a mural covering the side of a house which praises the exploits of paramilitary terrorists!

Back