Invasion vs. Threshhold

silence

Regular
I been watching both shows and since they have somewhat similar plot (aliens on earth trying to do whatever they plan.. which is offcourse bad thing (tm) for humans), i wonder if any of you are also watching them and what you think about them....

I started Invasion first and thought its OK and then later i watched Treshold, even though i thought it will suck.... and now i am changing my opinion and i like Threshold pretty much, while i think Invasion is going into dead alley.....

So i wonder if any of you watch both these shows and what you think about them....

Azrael said:
I watch both but I like Invasion better.

dunno... i feel like main character in Invasion is fucking stupid... and thats most annoying thing about whole show....

OTOH, Treshold is right on the spot, has some humor and IMO has better scripting.....

but thats just me....;)

there both good series... (away with reality tv shows :devilish: )

both got a slight bit of horror to them as well, but i like treshold better up to now, (brent spiner is in it after all)

its good how you watch an alien invasion for 2 perspectives though, threshold from the government side of things and invasion from civilian side of things, will be interesting to see how both of them end up at the end of the season...

Monty said:
there both good series... (away with reality tv shows :devilish: )

both got a slight bit of horror to them as well, but i like treshold better up to now, (brent spiner is in it after all)

its good how you watch an alien invasion for 2 perspectives though, threshold from the government side of things and invasion from civilian side of things, will be interesting to see how both of them end up at the end of the season...

ya, i agree, i just cant stand that main char in Invasion seems so naive.... refusing to believe.... OK, plot it getting more interesting, but damnit.... it can be annoying....

OTOH, Threshold has pretty better chars (IMO) and some humor, which is why i like it more.... it takes really serious mater, but has sense to add some humor into everything....

Sorry But its got to be Threshold.. I could of slept through most of Invasion so far.. I feel like im sitting there Willing them all to die so that something exciting happens.. Threshold .. for some reason i feel like ive seen it before. at least the first 3-4 episodes.. cant make out if they maybe showed part of it before then decided to make a full run.. anyway.

Personaly Im looking forward to battlestar coming back on...

BSG + Lost = the only two shows I watch that are still in production.

Threshold is interesting to me, though. It's probably better than Invasion if only for Brent Spiner.

since we are 2 months away from new episodes of BSG, i had to find something....
so i picked 2 shows that have pretty close plot (aliens already on earth, but different approach)... and yes, i would die to see something acctually happening in Invasion....
they made main char look like total moron....

Invasion is far too slow to start already. I feel like I already know the characters pretty well since the first few episodes seems to really build upon them. The thing with the sheriff is getting annoying and I would hope the story picks up. It is a lot like the beginning of Lost when everything was slow and each new episode would bring very little to the table b ut just enough to keep watching. I really hope the show picks up.

Threshold has my vote so far. It's got the right mix of characters and the development of the story is good so far. Things are still a bit vague but they are revealed in a flow that mixes well. There's action, some drama, humor, and overall has a science fiction feel to it akin to the X Files. Much better show so far.

The women in Invasion are sexy, I must say that.

agreed.... on all counts ;)

and yes, that with sheriff in Invasion is really annoying.... and lack of humor also....
thats why i find Threshold much more fun to watch....

Current Ranking of these "type of shows"
Lost

Surface

Threshold
Invasion.

Why is surface better than Threshold or Invasion? Because of:
014.jpg

(Legal by the way. /grin) Usually it doesnt matter how good looking the actors are for me, but she is hot.

epic

Can you give us a breakdown of that sexy girl's character and the show for us? Is it an alien type show also?

Back