Into The Radius [PC]

swaaye

Entirely Suboptimal
Legend
Supporter
Anyone else try this game? I bought it months back but didn't start playing until last week. I felt like it needed some more work and they have been at it.

I've clocked 17 hours on it. I've been thoroughly sucked in. It's a very STALKER-style open-world survival horror shooter sort of thing with lots of weirdness and exploration. Lots of gear. Lots of depth on the weapons. Mysteries on many fronts. I think it's very immersive. I am playing on the "story" mode to have some relaxed survival mechanics. You still need to deal with eating, sleep, stamina, weapon maintenance, etc.

20210420_171040_MixedReality.jpg 20210423_144024_MixedReality.jpg 20210426_211041_MixedReality.jpg20210424_203525_MixedReality.jpg20210426_163520_MixedReality.jpg 20210423_153932_MixedReality.jpg20210424_173053_MixedReality.jpg

Last edited:
seems im not brave enough to play it.
I don't think it's so terrifying during day time. Lots of weirdness to see but it's sunny. At night on the other hand..... :D There are like 4 different flashlights and also flares tho. So there are some solutions.

Finally out of beta. I played the tutorial area again today and yup it's been overhauled. I put 40 hours into the original release and this looks like it might be an almost entirely new experience.

ITR 2.0 Release
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1012790/view/3070886183426062639

Finally the day has come! Into The Radius grand 2.0 update has been unleashed from its beta state upon the world. It’s been a very challenging half a year for us to basically remake most of the game’s parts to make a better and much more polished experience. Now with a more solid foundation we can continue adding content and features once the dust settles.

Key features of 2.0
If you’ve never played this version of the game before, here’s a list of some things you can expect to see:
- Game graphics rework with better lighting, details and performance to boot!
- Added weapon upgrades and modifications, new ammo types.
- Increased Enemy variety.
- The Tide system.
- Restructured map.
- Reworked progression and economy.
- Expanded story and lore.
- Lots of quality of life improvements and bug fixes.

How to switch between 1.0 and 2.0
ITR 2.0 will now be the default version of the game. If you want to play 1.0 instead you'll have to follow these instructions:
- On Steam open "Properties" by right clicking the game.
- Click "betas"
- Select branch "itr_1.0" or "itr_1.0_steamvr" if you're using Oculus, but want to play through SteamVR.
- If you're using the Oculus store, there is only one branch, titled "ITR_1.0"

Release CHANGES

-Added separate visuals for each mimic type.
-Added a new mission between 3 and 4 taking players to the Factory to improve the progression curve.
-Changed Mimic HP. Shotgun wielding ones now have less HP, pistol mimics have a bit more.
-SMG damage increased.
-Val mimics are less accurate.
-Secondary missions on Factory and Kolhoz now spawn less enemies to make them more economically viable.
-Reduced fall damage.
-Reduced water damage. No longer insta-kills after depleting stamina.
-Reduced HP ammo cost.

Release FIXES

- Fixed mimics walking backwards... again.
- Fixed missing haptic effects on Oculus controllers playing through the Oculus plugin.
- Fixed grenade shrapnel not dealing damage, overall changed how grenade damage is applied, should feel less random.
-Fixed mimic headshot collider being too small.
-Changed Fragment critical spot from chest to the head to be in line with other humanoid entities.
-Fixed some save game slot issues.
-Fixed the ability to repair unintended items like food cans.
-Quest items are now properly unsellable.
-Fixed some large ammo boxes being sold empty.
-Fixed weight display of ammo boxes in the shop.
-Fixed player footsteps disabling after the in-game menu opens.
-Fixed handheld map having collision when not in hands.

Last edited:
e82dd022420782ba9a65a951e7faf77c17a36e2e.jpg
ss_db1c62f25abedb0307df05dd90e330c9c068d26d.jpg

PATCH 2.6 BETA 1

With this update we hope our explorers will truly Feel at Home in the Radius 😈

As always, the beta has its own save folder and the saves will be compatible with the live version, once 2.6 fully releases (you’ll need to copy your saves from the beta folder). To access the beta go to Steam, Select Into the Radius game, Manage>Properties>Betas> select “active-beta”

GENERAL CHANGES & FEATURES
🔸 Significantly improved visuals of the player’s base as well as the look and feel of some other locations throughout the game.
🔸 Localized in-game texts into seven languages (German, French, Spanish, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, and Korean). Now more explorers can enjoy adventures in the Radius in their native language. Additional localization is on the way.
🔸 Reworked and rebalanced enemy AI, resulting in more interesting gameplay situations. Monsters move and attack more actively, team up, and adjust to shooting distance.

PCVR GRAPHICAL OPTIONS
🔸 Now you can select Graphics presets.
🔸 Added new tech ScreenSpaceReflections, Fixed Foveated Rendering, MSAA as an Antialiasing option.
🔸 Removed DLSS support as it doesn’t provide any actual performance benefit in VR most of the time, reducing both FPS and quality.

Note on MSAA: currently this option is bugged and will be fixed during the beta. Please avoid enabling MSAA or Ultra graphics, otherwise you might encounter glitches and bugs.

IMPROVEMENTS
🔸 Changed jamming probability and corrected jamming odds for all firearms.
🔸 Stock folding sound has been added for firearms with folding stocks.
🔸 Improved grenade behavior when thrown.
🔸 More realistic sound of enemy footsteps.
🔸 More accurate comments regarding various cases of gun firing issues.
🔸 Improved interaction with tables in the Store.
🔸 Improved product details display when selling in the Store.
🔸 Selected Pocket Flashlight color is saved when moving between locations.
🔸 The flashlight left on does not turn off when you re-enter the base.
🔸 A new option in the game settings lets you turn the fallen objects highlight on and off.
🔸 New visual and sound effects.

BUG FIXES
🔸 Fixed bugs when reloading and jamming/false shooting for M4A1, DVL-10, M14, MP5, IZh-81, and PPSh.
🔸 Fixed names for both PPSh versions.
🔸 Fixed the Repair Box monitor bug.
🔸 Fixed food bite size on a knife or machete.
🔸 The flashlight is no longer on after the purchase.
🔸 Fixed posters at the base and added a new one.
🔸 The Committee’s emblem has been slightly refined.
🔸 Fixed hand position on some items for Valve Index controllers.
🔸 Lots of visual and audio bug fixes.

Last edited:
Back