Interviewing The Creator of Diablo & Torchlight Series -- Got Questions?

warcrow

Regular
Hello everyone!

Torchlight 2 has launched and I.Eat.Games. (ME!) will be interviewing Max Schaefer today at 4PM PST. Post your questions here and I'll pass them on to him.

Thanks,
-Mark

I actually played the demo yesterday, and I tried 3D mode (using NVidia 3DVision / CTRL-T), and that seemed to work really well (no issues so far, and it's really nice to have the playing field in depth behind the user interface, which can get quite busy so it actually helps). Did they themselves test with 3D, or is it just luck?

Timetable for Mac version?

...Estimated system requirements, for Mac version? :) I'd love for the game to run better than Diablo 3 does on my SNB integrated graphics Mac.

Why is his game not as good as the game I'm currently playing
its called "Find a post by Arwin from the last 2 weeks that doesnt mention 3d"
its quite a difficult game :D

I'm curious to know if they have any plans on incorporating a crafting system in T2 at any point. It was supposedly in the beta, but was removed.

Why no gamepad support? They losing sales just because of not including this little feature(...same for Diablo 3 btw). As more and more consol people go the PC route in the end of consol life cycle, I thought it is pretty obvious to make new PC games attractive to them (us).

Why is his game not as good as the game I'm currently playing
its called "Find a post by Arwin from the last 2 weeks that doesnt mention 3d"
its quite a difficult game :D

It's the best non-next generation of graphics/consoles upgrade in graphics I've experienced in my life ... so excuse me while I wax poetic. ;)

Lets hope its lasts,
during the last couple of times of "3D is the next big thing" I've noticed many people go down the following route
"OMG 3D is the bestest evar"
the 3 months later
"are you still using your 3D glasses"
"No i got fed up/bored with them"

Granted 3D is better now

ps: "next gen" is a console term do no blaspheme

Lets hope its lasts,
during the last couple of times of "3D is the next big thing" I've noticed many people go down the following route
"OMG 3D is the bestest evar"
the 3 months later
"are you still using your 3D glasses"
"No i got fed up/bored with them"

Granted 3D is better now

ps: "next gen" is a console term do no blaspheme

I thought PC games performance was measured in x times previous gen / current gen / next gen consoles? ;)

I've been thinking about a gamepad for Torchlight, but it wouldn't be a very nice way to play that game, with all the menus, clicking on enemies and such. You'd have to do some fairly serious work to allow for that to work well. It's not for nothing that the best console versions of this genre have been reworked quite extensively.

Back