Interview with Terry Makedon

trinibwoy

Meh
Legend
Supporter
InsideHW has a short chat with Catalyst Maker.

http://www.insidehw.com/Editorials/Interviews/Terry-Makedon-CatalystMaker-Interview.html

Favorite quote: :LOL:

Support forums are very difficult to follow to be honest because there is usually too much noise in them. “Game zzz crashes for me” will then lead to “you suck” to “works for me idiot, check your power supply”... blah blah blah ;-)

It's strange that they have separate performance optimization and bug fixing teams. What if a bugfix hurts performance or a performance optimization causes bugs? :oops:

Wish they would have pointed out them no longer supporting mobile graphics drivers.

That really never has been their forte, since ATI doesn't build mobiles (laptops/netbooks etc) that has pretty much always fallen onto the mobile manufacturer (Dell/HP/Sony etc), then again, it's not like ATI sells/makes (built by ATI) video cards either /wink. I've pretty much always hit it the manu (HP/Gateway/Acer in our house) or use Mobility Modder to edit the .inf to add support for mobile parts if the manus are behind. I don't blame ATI/AMD as much as I would blame your (or mine) mobile manufacturer.

That really never has been their forte, since ATI doesn't build mobiles (laptops/netbooks etc) that has pretty much always fallen onto the mobile manufacturer (Dell/HP/Sony etc), then again, it's not like ATI sells/makes (built by ATI) video cards either /wink. I've pretty much always hit it the manu (HP/Gateway/Acer in our house) or use Mobility Modder to edit the .inf to add support for mobile parts if the manus are behind. I don't blame ATI/AMD as much as I would blame your (or mine) mobile manufacturer.

yea can't get the 9.11s to see my 4330 or install correctly. I can only get the hd 3200 to install right. Because there is no mobile verison of the 9.11s even with mobility modder I have the problem.

Back