INTERVIEW: A Widespread Pandemic

TheChefO

Banned
So the choice was simply because the PS3 was the biggest challenge?

Yeah, we wanted the biggest challenge. Sony’s always been a great partner for us, and you should never count Sony out just [because of] all the talk about all the missteps Sony has made. Hey, Sony’s not going anywhere. It’s one of the biggest brands out there and to Phil Harrison’s point in his speech at D.I.C.E., it’s like, “Look guys, we’re coming out a little bit later than the other systems, we’re having a little bit slower start, but believe me we’re going to be there in force.”

We know Sony’s going to be there in force, we’re not coming out until the second half of ’07, so do I want Sony to have a ton of platforms out there so that we can get Mercs out there to as many homes as possible? Absolutely. I want them to succeed. I’m a big fan of the 360, big fan of the Wii, big fan of some of the [older] platforms, we just saw the Sony system as the biggest challenge and we wanted to kind of jump in and tackle that first.

On Xbox 360 and multiplatform development

So you mentioned Xbox 360, and there are rumors still floating around about a 360 version of Mercs 2. How much has Pandemic dug into the Xbox 360?

You know, we have six projects at Pandemic right now. We have a history of releasing games on multiple platforms. Five of these projects we haven’t announced yet. Let me just say we have a wealth of experience right now working on the 360—love the platform.

You have six games going right now?

We have six projects, we’ve only announced one. All of them are next-gen.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4737&Itemid=2

Back